Chapter 13: Prom Night Pt. 1

~
It was finally time for the school prom. All the students took an effort to decorate the school gym. By the time it was finished, it would look like a ballroom.

The funk troll students managed the technology, such as speakers and lights.

Country and classical trolls helped with food and pastries.

The technos helped with the higher up decorations, like hanging up the disco ball.

Pop trolls added shimmer and shine to the decorations, with glitter and sparkles.

As for the rocks, being the strong trolls they are, handled the heavy equipment.

The principal came to check on their work. "Great work students, everything looks great, but let's see if it can impress the troll leaders."

(Btw Poppy wanted to keep her title a secret and only Laguna, Holly, and Val know about it, but Peppy will be attending too.)

"Just adding the finishing touches, and done." Laguna just finished shining up the disco ball.

The light from the disco ball could blind any troll if it wanted to.

Synth stared at it for a bit too long. "Looks great Laguna."

He held a thumbs up as his eyes literally caught on fire, making Laguna facepalm.

Down on the floor, the table was filled with food from every tribe

Spunnel cake and Gloop du Jour, both normal and extraordinaire, by the Technos.

Mashed Potatoes and Groovy by the Funk trolls.

Spicy Pudding, Chili, and Ice Cream Jerky by the Country trolls.

Classic Vanilla ice cream by the Classical trolls.

Cupcake à la splode and Dark, Dark, Dark Chocolate ice cream by the Rock trolls themselves.

Last but not least, the dish that can attract any troll, the Perfection Cake. It took many Pop trolls to make this astounding cake.

Everything was finished. Now all the trolls had to do was wait.

~

All that decorating and preparing tired out the poor trolls. They were in front of the school takin a well deserved break.

As for our group of eight, they were divided into four pairs of two.

Holly was eating ice cream jerky with her favorite flavor combo, Chocolate, Vanilla, and Mesquite BBQ. Gust sat beside her eating spicy pudding.

"You sure can make some mighty fine country food Holly." Smoke flowed from his nose as he took another bite.

She finished her ice cream. "Why thank you Gust, food is my specialty, I just hope Miss Delta enjoys it."

"Don't you worry Holly, she'll love it." They smiled at each other.

"You know Gust, I still need a date to the prom, and I think you might be the troll for it." She batted her eyelashes at him.

Gust was amused, "Thought you said I'd have to look elsewhere."

Holly smiled and nudged him playfully. "I was kidding about that cowboy, so what do you say?"

Gust tipped his hat to her. "Miss Holly, you just found yourself a date."

~

An explosion was heard. Val just finished eating a cupcake à la splode. Demo came up to her, licking a cone of dark, dark, dark chocolate ice cream.

"You know Val, I never answered your question from before." He stood beside her.

Val saw him grin and she glared, "What question?" She didn't like that grin, meaning he was up to something.

"When you asked me out to prom of course." He smiled and saw her get angry.

She held a fist to his face. "That wasn't intentional you idiot!"

Demo held up his hands, trying to avoid getting punched. "Ok ok, you have a point, but what if I said yes?"

Val scoffed and walked away, "Don't be late dorky."

Demo pumped his fist and cheered. "Yeah Rock on!!"

~

Laguna was watching over Synth. His eyes were a little blinded ever since they caught on fire, literally.

"I think they should've healed up by now." She unwrapped the bandage from his eyes.

His eyes adjusted to the light and saw her face. "Definitely." He smiled dreamily.

Laguna noticed this and giggled. "Ok ok, let me check your eyes." She pulled his face towards hers.

Synth blushed and his pupils dilated. She looked confused, "Strange, your pupils shouldn't dilate, it's not dark outside."

Synth smiled at her. "Well, what if something or someone, is making my eyes dilate right now?"

Laguna continued to look at his eyes. "That could be the case since emotions can make your pupils dilate, what are you feeling right now Synth?"

"Love." Laguna's face flushed red and she let go of his face.

"I-I see, but your eyes were only focused on me Synth." She looked anywhere but at him.

Synth took her hand, "Yeah, you are that someone."

This made her look at him and smile. "How could I be so blind?" They both laughed at the joke she made. The two shared a hug, their techno hearts glowed and beat in sync.

~

Branch had his arm around Poppy, who was resting on him. She went all out on the decorations today, and she was exhausted.

He let her head rest on his chest, and this made her hug him.

"Long day huh?" Branch looked at her tired face.

Poppy rested her eyes, "You have no idea, maybe I shouldn't have went crazy with decorations."

He smiled and planted a kiss on her cheek, making her smile.

"Your enthusiasm encouraged other trolls you know? Even me, and I'm not too big with decorating." Branch caressed her pink hair.

Poppy felt relaxed and sleepy, "Thanks Branch, can I take a nap?"

"Go ahead, I'll wake you up before we leave."

She closed her eyes and succumbed to sleep. He continued to caress her hair, "Sleep well."

One more chapter until prom.