Chapter 10: Shopping

~
The girls were chatting during lunch hour in the cafeteria.

Poppy clasped her hands together, "So girls, how does shopping at the Trollstopia Mall sound?"

"Sign me up sugar!" Holly cheered excitedly.

Val flicked food into the air, making it hit someone. "Meh, I'll come I guess."

"Oh I don't know, I'm not really good with clothes and fashion." Laguna never had to wear clothes, since she's a techno troll and all.

"Now don't you worry sugar, we'll help you." Holly smiles reassuringly.

Before they could continue, they heard a loud thump at their table.

"So, Poppy Kendrick, you're the one who got to him first. How could he like some pink glitter faced girl?"

Poppy looked up to see the girl that talked about Branch in class that day.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Poppy crossed her arms.

The girl sneered, "If it weren't for you, I would've gotten him for myself, now hand him over."

Val was about to say something but Poppy stopped her. "Why should I listen to you? Besides, he asked me first." 

"Do yourself a favor and do as I say, besides, none of you fit into this school, especially techno nerd right here." Laguna frowned and looked down sadly.

Before anything else could be said, Poppy stood up and glared. "Now you listen here! No one, and I mean NO ONE, talks about my friend that way!"

She walked over and faced the girl, making her back away a little. "You want Branch so bad, try and take him."

"Fine." She leaves in a huff.

Val flicked food towards her, making the food get in her hair. "Bullseye!"

~

It was after school, and the girls were at the mall shopping for prom dresses. Poppy was looking through the selection of clothes, "The dresses are over here."

Holly saw a pretty cyan blue dress. "How about this one Poppy?"

"It's pretty, but I'm looking for something light." She looked around the darker colored dresses.

Val brought out a lighter dress, except it was a bit inappropriate. "How about this?"

"I'm not trying to seduce him Val." She chuckled and shook her head.

Laguna looked around and found an eye catching dress. "Hey Poppy, what about this?"

Poppy turned around and gasped. It was a light blue, tiered skirt ball gown prom dress, with blue and purple ripples at the bottom.

"Laguna, this is perfect!" She took the dress then gave her a quick hug. "I'll go try this on right away."

She went to the dressing room to change. After a bit, she came out. The girls gasped in awe.

"Poppy sugar, you look beautiful." Holly came up to her. "All we need to do is give you a hair do, then you're good to go."

"Thank you Holly, now I'll go take this off so we can go find you guys some dresses." Poppy turned and went off to change.

Looks like prom is getting closer.

I wonder what the boys are up to?