~ Chapter One ~

Authors note:  JK Rowling owns all the characters and the rights to them.

It's a new year at Hogwarts. Everyone is so excited to start off the new year.. except from one certain person. Professor Snape. As usual, his manners were not nice. He was angry, cold, and such a horrible person to be around. He is wearing his usual black outfit and black hair, which stood out to a certain lady by the name of Y/N. She has always taken a like to him but being a student made it very very hard, luckily now she is out of school and is now a teaching assistant for Snape, which Snape was very against as he didn't want an assistant.

As the day starts, y/n makes her way into Hogwarts.. the place she used to call home until y/n graduated.

After having a meeting with Professor Dumbledore, y/n made her way into Snape's office. Her new desk has been placed in there along with her belongings that had a lot of colour in. Professor Snape wasn't in there just yet, which made y/n nervous as she hadn't seen him in years. He was always interesting.. and intimidating. Y/n thought to herself,'i don't actually think he liked me at all, to be honest,'  but no one could tell what he thought as he always had a stone cold facial expression.

The door to Snape's office swings open, which causes y/n to flinch and stand up. Snape slowly looks at her and looks her up and down. "What? are. you. doing?" he asked with a cold, stern voice. Y/N gulps and doesn't answer, which makes him furious. He storms over to her and raises his voice. "Tell me!" he orders, which makes y/n whimper slightly in fear and... arousal. "I- I um.." she manages to get out. Snape scoffs and takes a seat at his desk. He looked around at Y/N's things on her desk. "disgusting girl," he says under his breath at all the colour over the desk in front of him. Those words made y/n feel slightly offended. "Sir.. I must say, those words did hurt. " y/n said shyly while sitting at her seat. Snape looks at her and then back to the work he's marking. She sighs and starts to read her book on potions. "I remember you," Snape said with no emotion in his voice. "thought you'd do better than being a stupid teaching assistant that's good for nothing," he adds. Y/N's face drops, and she looks down. "You're horrible," she shakily states, which makes Severus look at her with a slight hint of guilt on his face. It quickly disappears when she looks at him. "Okay," he plainly says and continues to work.

While cleaning up after class, Y/N trips over and drops a glass, she gasps, and glass gets in her hand. Snape comes rushing over, grabbing her roughly. "You foolish girl!" he yells while taking his wand and mumbling words. The glass starts to levitate out of her hand, which causes her to yelp slightly. Snape grabs a potion and pours it across the wound with no warning, which makes Y/N whimper in pain. The wound starts to heal itself. "brainless brat," he spits. Y/N face drops, and tears start to fill her eyes. She rushes out of the classroom, pushing Severus out of the way.

Snape thinks to himself 'For fuck sake.. she was so stupid. But the way she looked at me after I said those comments, my words hurt her.' Normally, he wouldn't care at all, but there is something about this girl that makes him feel slight..  emotion. Severus watches her leave, and slowly, he starts to follow the sounds of her cries, he sees Y/N walk into the girls' lavatory that no one uses because of the infuriating 'moaning Myrtle'. Severus sternly knocks on the large door. "Miss y/l/n answer this instant! a teacher shouldn't be crying!" He booms out, which causes her to cry louder.