~ chapter six~

A couple of weeks go by after the encounter Snape and y/n had.

y/n is sitting alone in the potions classroom, sorting out lesson plans for the new class. She picks up a textbook and looks through for the Polyjuice potion. Picking up her cauldron and everything she needs. "first step" she speaks to herself while looking at the text book.

Part One step one:

Add 3 measures of flux weed to the cauldron (needed to be picked at a full moon)

"Right okay" she does the step and looks at the textbook.

Add 2 bundles of knotgrass to the cauldron.

She does as the instructions say and then stirs 4 times clockwise.

Wave your wand then let potion brew for 80 minutes if you have a Pewter Cauldron. 68 minutes for a brass cauldron. 60 minutes for a copper one.

'well at least I have a copper one' she thinks to herself while waving her wand and placing the cauldron on a table. The door opens and in comes Snape. Looking over at him she smiles softly, he raises his eyebrow. "what are you up to?" he asks suspicious, seeing the cauldron on the desk. "oh I'm practicing making the Polyjuice potion" she admits while smiling. Severus hums to himself and looks in the cauldron. "good so far" he states and pats the girls back, he sits down at his desk. "I have an hour to wait" she frowns bored and sits opposite Snape. "an hour ha?" he asks, slight amusement in his voice. Y/n nods and rests her chin on her hand, staring at the handsome man in front of her. Snape hands y/n a glass of wine, she raises her eyebrow. "what?" he asks. "just confused of why you gave me this" she softly says while taking a sip of it. "just to pass time" he scolds in his usual firm voice. She nods and drinks more. They talk and finally an hour has past. Walking back over to the cauldron she places it on the floor and sits in front of it with her textbook and ingredients. She reads the textbook..

Add 4 leeches to the cauldron.

Making a disgusted face she picks up 4 leaches from a jar and gags slightly. Behind her she hears a small deep chuckle. Snape is standing behind her watching closely. "go on, you can do it. You're a clever girl" he hums at her. Causing the girls cheeks to blush. She puts the leeches into the cauldron. "see it wasn't that hard" the man states while watching. Y/n continues to read the instructions.

Add 2 scoops of lacewing flies to the mortar, crush into a fine paste. Then add 2 measures of the crushed flies to the cauldron.

Doing as the instructions say, she places the lacewing flies into the mortar and starts to crush them. Hearing the crushing noises she squeals quietly. She hears Severus chuckling quietly at the disgusted girl. She continues until the flies are crushed into a fine paste. Then adds 2 measures of the crushed lacewings into the cauldron.

"heat the cauldron for 30 seconds.. on a low heat" Severus whispers into y/n's ear which sends shivers down her spin. Nodding she does exactly what he says. "good girl" he states and sits back at the desk. The way he said that made y/n feel things, good things. She reads the textbook for the next step.

Wave your wand to complete this stage of the potion.

Waving her wand at the potion it suddenly explodes, she screams and falls backwards. Snape widens his eyes and runs over to her. "what did I do wrong?!" she exclaims annoyed and upset. Severus helps her to stand up. "you waved your wand the wrong way" he claims in his dark voice. "well it should be more specific!" she shouts at him, causing Severus to glare at her. Getting the hint, y/n goes quiet.