Past Life

YOOOOO I'm back. Sorry for the wait, I was really busy and will be busy for a while now but I'm trying my best. also please comment. I would really appreciate it. Alright ON TO THE CHAPTER

Chase

I woke up without Skye next to me, which was a shame since I had really enjoyed the previous night. She must've waken up. As I always do before I leave my pup house, I grab the picture of my family, close my eyes, and say "I will make you proud. I promise."

I go to breakfast where all the others are already eating. I've been sleeping in lately. I eat my breakfast slowly since It hurts my head if I gobble it down. After breakfast, I sat down in the grass and watched everyone else play tag they played for a long time, which made me feel left out.

Everyone played tag until Ryder called us for the first time in a long time "PAW Patrol, to the lookout!" Everyone took a dash to the lookout elevator, but I couldn't run yet since I hadn't completely healed from the incident with the tornado. Skye stayed back with me, which was really nice. Both of us missed the elevator, but we figured we could catch the next one.

A few seconds later, the elevator opened again and we stepped inside. We started to ascend, but the elevator was making weird creaking sounds. It didn't make it all the way up, and it stopped midway. We were stuck. In the fucking elevator.

I Immediately contacted Ryder on my pup tag. "Ryder, the elevator stopped midway. We're stuck. It's me and Skye in here." Before long I heard Ryder's voice. "I'll call a mechanic to come get you down but we really need to go. You guys will have to stay back." I immediately felt a rush of worry. "What? What's going on?" I asked. "He's back."

That's all I needed to understand. "FUCK!" Skye was surprised by that, as she took a couple steps back. "Sorry, there's just one person that 'him' can be." She looked at me as though she was waiting for me to continue. When I didn't she prompted me. "And who would that be?"  I sighed. "The guy who killed my family," I said, my eyes closed. "And I swore to myself, if he ever showed his hideous face around here EVER again, I would kill him. Like he killed everyone I knew and loved. My mom, my dad, and my baby sister. But now, I'm stuck in an elevator with a fucking concussion, and he's back, and there's nothing I can do about it." I was crying at that point, and I tried my best to hold it together, because who knew how long I was going to be stuck in there.

We waited in complete silence, and I didn't dare to say another word. Eventually, out of nowhere, the elevator started descending. When the doors opened at the bottom, we saw a guy in a grey, stained suit, probably the mechanic. "The elevator is good to go." He said, and without another word, turned around and left. Ryder and the pups were not back by then. "We've got to go help them." I said. I took a couple steps forward, but she stopped me. "No, Chase. You're hurt. You can't go." I glared at her, letting her know that I would NOT be stopped. I turned around, and bolted to my cruiser and sped off. I drove around the entire town, looking around for any sign of Ryder and the pups. Eventually, I found them. They were at the park. and so was HE. His name was Mallory, and he was the leader of a street gang. The day he killed my family, I killed his entire gang, but he escaped. I parked my vehicle, and jumped out. Everyone was circling a swing set, and Mallory was perched on top. I'm not sure how he got up there, but everyone was surrounding him, and he had to get down someday. 

I approached all of them calmly. When Mallory noticed me, his eyes widened. "You're the guy that killed my gang!" He shouted. I joined the others in the circle, and looked straight up at him. "And you're the one who killed my entire family. I assume you're back for more?" He glared at me. "You're FUCKING right I am! I was just waiting for you to arrive." He pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it at me. I saw the orange tip and knew it was fake. "Shoot me, I dare you." He pulled the trigger and a big booming sound echoed through adventure bay. I heard the screams of Ryder and the pups, and Skye who had followed me and had just pulled up to the scene.

"Guys, calm down it's fake!" I assured them. Mallory inspected his gun and noticed the orange tip. "Shit," He muttered. "I brought the wrong gun." He took the time that we were all caught off guard to hop off the swing set and run away. He had turned a corner by the time we had all realized what had happened, and we tried to follow him, but he was gone.

Later

I was eating my dinner after driving all around town looking for any sign of Mallory I could find. All the rage was bubbling inside of me, and when he escaped, that bubble popped, and I was furious. "I am going to kill him" I kept telling myself.

After I was done eating, I turned around to see Ryder. "I need both you and Skye to come see me upstairs." And with that, he turned around, and got into the newly fixed elevator. Weird.

I told Skye that Ryder wanted to see us, and we went up the elevator together, my heart thumping the entire time. When we got to the top, Ryder was sitting on an office chair that I had never seen before. "What's going on?" Skye asked. "First of all," Ryder said. "Chase. Why did you follow us? You knew that you weren't supposed to be on missions." He stared me down, and I looked at my feet. "Because that guy killed my family. and I'm gonna kill him." My eyes filled with tears, and I wiped them away. I braved a look up at Ryder, and he looked at me with a strange expression that I couldn't describe if I tried to. "Violence is never the way to solve your problems," He said. "We'll get him, and he'll spend the rest of his life in prison. But we can't have a member of the PAW Patrol commit murder. Millions of people look up to us." I nodded in agreement. "Well then why the hell am I here?" Skye demanded, and I'll admit, I forgot she was there. "Oh yeah I almost forgot," Ryder said, obviously happy for a distraction. "I've been meaning to ask you guys this for a while, but are you two dating?" 

Silence. Eerie silence. I wanted to say no, but what if Skye wanted us to date? and I wanted to as well, but I was too scared to ask her. Finally after what seemed like a lifetime, Skye responded. "No, we're not." My heart sank, but it was the truth after all. "Hm. What a shame." Ryder said, and with that, he left, leaving me and Skye alone. "That was weird." I said. "Yeah really weird."

that's the end guys. thanks 4 reading! And Skase nation- no SKATION please come back. I miss the good ol' days