Epilogue

Skye

It's been two weeks since the best night of my life. I sleep with Chase every night, and we are deeply in love.

I wake up to Chase lying next to me, wide awake. When he noticed I was awake, he smiled warmly at me. "Good morning, beautiful." He said in such a soothing voice, that I couldn't help but smile.

My life was whole again. Chase was able to play games with us again, and life wasn't dull or boring anymore. But a question was circling around in my head, and I wanted to ask Chase, but I was pretty nervous about it. I knew I shouldn't be because he was so kind and gentle. I know he would never dream of hurting my feelings.

At breakfast, Ryder came up to us, with an announcement. "Pups," He announced very excitedly. "Today is the day of our annual frisbee tournament." Everyone cheered. Let me explain: Every year we did a huge game of frisbee, and whoever won got a trophy full of dog treats! To win, you must be the first pup to catch 5 frisbees wins.

After breakfast, we were in complete competitive mode. "That trophy is MINE this year!" Rocky announced. "Yeah, in your dreams!" Zuma retorted. Chase just chuckled. "Yeah, right. The only place those treats are going are in my mouth!" I looked at him, suspiciously. "You'll share with me, right?" I gave him puppy eyes, causing him to chuckle. "Of course." He said. I got rid of the puppy eyes. "Just kidding," I said. "I'll be winning, and you'll be begging for scraps. He laughed as I walked away. Guess I'll ask him later then.

We all lined up to play, and Ryder carried the trophy in a case. He placed it behind the line we had formed. "Alright pups, it's time." He picked up the frisbee from the ground. "You ready?" Ryder asked, and that earned cheers from the pups. "Three...Two...One...GO!" 

Ryder threw the frisbee high in the air. I got off to a good start, ahead of the rest of the crew. But soon, Chase and Rocky were at my side, and we were in a tight race. The frisbee hit it's peak, and started to descend. Okay, it's in jumping distance. I got this. I was just about to jump, but Rocky beat me to it, and caught the frisbee. He trotted back to Ryder, holding his head high. "That's one for me!" He announced with pride.

The tournament was exiting and intense. Near the end, we found ourselves in a tight race. "Take five, pups!" Ryder said. "The standings are tight. Here is where everyone stands. Chase and Rocky are tied in first with four points. Skye is in second with three, Marshall is in third with two and Zuma is in fourth with one, and Rubble is in last with zero!" Poor Rubble. He was too fat to compete.

I sat down next to Chase during our break. "Looks like you may not be winning after all." He smirked. I scoffed. "You never know what's gonna happen until it happens. I was just saving my energy." He chuckled, and gave me a smile that made my cheeks go red. "If you say so." He said. I thought about asking him the question that was nagging at me, but I decided against it.

Eventually, Ryder lead us back to our starting positions. "This is it," Ryder announced. "Chase and Rocky need only one more point to take home the trophy." I took a deep breath. I will not be going down.

"Three...Two...One...GO!" Once again, Ryder tossed the frisbee high in the air. This time, Chase and Rocky bumped into each other, and fell down, meaning it was Marshall, Zuma and I in the race, not counting Rubble. Marshall was just ahead of me. I sped up, and reached him. I looked up a realized it was now or never. I jumped and snagged the frisbee out of mid air. I had tied with Chase and Rocky.

"It's a THREE WAY TIE!" Wow, Ryder was really into this. I returned the frisbee, and smirked at Chase, who was apologizing to Rocky. "This might be the last round so I need you all to give it your very best efforts."

We all lined up again, and the mood was tense, as everyone eyed the trophy. Ryder counted down again, and the frisbee was released. We all ran as fast as we possibly could for it. Chase, Rocky, and I were at each other's tails. Finally, the frisbee hit it's peak and started descending. Before I could get a chance to react, Rocky and Chase jumped up at the same time. Chase missed the frisbee completely, and Rocky had it captured before fumbling with it, and dropping it. I, who had thought I was out of the competition for sure, easily made the catch.