Chpt-10: Whispers of the Heart

_________

Jisoo's trembling fingers held tightly onto her phone as she dialed Taehyung's number. Each ring felt like an eternity until finally, his deep voice resonated through the speaker, soothing her in ways she had missed.

"Hello?" Taehyung's voice reached her ears, its deep timbre sending shivers down her spine. It was a voice that held warmth and comfort, a voice that had been absent from her life for far too long.

Tears welled up in Jisoo's eyes, her voice choked with emotion. "Taehyung... it's me," she managed to say, her voice quivering.

The concern in Taehyung's tone was immediate. "Jisoo, what happened? Why are you crying?" he asked, his worry evident.

Her voice hitched as she struggled to find the words. "I... I and Eunwoo..." She couldn't continue as a sob escaped her lips, a manifestation of the pain and longing she had held within her.

"Jisoo, please, tell me what happened. Did you two have a fight?" Taehyung's voice was filled with genuine concern and a touch of anger at the thought of her being hurt.

Through her tears, Jisoo managed to respond, her voice quivering. "No, Taehyung, it's not about him. I... I broke up with Eunwoo."

Silence fell on the other end of the line as Taehyung processed her words. "You... broke up? Why, Jisoo? Did he do something to hurt you?" His voice trembled with a mix of worry and anger, his protective instincts kicking in.

Jisoo's voice wavered as she struggled to explain, her heart pouring out. "No, Taehyung, it wasn't because of him. It was because of us. I finally realized my true feelings... my love for you."

There was a stunned silence, and Jisoo's heart sank, fearing that her confession had shattered everything between them. But then, softly, Taehyung spoke, his voice filled with a mixture of emotions she couldn't quite decipher. "Jisoo... I... I don't know what to say."

Her voice quivered with fear as she continued, desperate for him to understand. "Taehyung, I know I've hurt you, and I don't deserve your forgiveness. But I can't deny my heart anymore. I trust you with my pain, with our uncertainties, because love isn't just about happiness. It's about being there for each other, even through the pain."

Tears streamed down Jisoo's face as she anxiously awaited his response, her heart hanging in the balance.

After what felt like an eternity, Taehyung's voice, filled with a mix of vulnerability and determination, broke the silence. "Jisoo... I can't promise that everything will be easy or that we won't hurt each other. But I know one thing for sure: I need you too."

His words seeped deep into her soul, a balm to her wounded heart. "I'm on my way," Taehyung said, his voice filled with purpose, and Jisoo felt a glimmer of hope amidst the tears.

In that moment, distance and time seemed irrelevant as their hearts reached out to one another, bridging the gaps that had kept them apart. Love, raw and unyielding, had finally found its way back into their lives, intertwining their souls once more.

-THE END-

__________

Stay healthy and safe.

Keep smiling.

Take care.