STPS

Today is the 1st of January. In a couple of days, I'll finally turn 16, which I'm looking forward to. According to Mother, when a wizard turns 16, they usually go through their inheritance. That's when they find out about their creatures and if they have a mate or not.

Mother told me that I shouldn't be discouraged if I ended up not having a mate like her and that I could still naturally fall in love like she did with father.

I really don't mind if I get a mate or not, as long as Riddle doesn't get one too. If he did, it would crush me since I've liked him since second year.

I was about to go back to reading my potion book until I saw an owl at my window. I went and opened the window, gave it a snack, and it was on its way

Open the letter as stated.

Dear, Severus Tobias Prince Snape,

I have come across some information that I believe you should be aware of.

On December 31st, I went through my creature inheritance and found out that you are my mate. It would be lovely to get to know you, but only if that's what you want.

If not, I'll stay away from you until you've decided to pursue getting to know me. Although it would hurt deeply, my mate's happiness also equals my happiness, even if it's not with me.

If you do indeed want to get to know me, please meet me at xxxx café in Muggle London at 1200 on January 25th.

Sincerely,

T.M.P.S.R.R.G "

And I think I know who it's from, since I only know a few people at Hogwarts that have that birthday. Luckily for me, Riddle is one of these people. I have 8 days until I know for sure. Until then, I'll wait to reply

I'm not surprised by the Prince's name because Mother told me how Grandfather passed it down to me, not to mother or uncle Kyle, but to me his grandson, because I'll make the name proud because I'm superior at Potion and DADA.

Putting the letter in my drawer, I took out a book on inheritance that Mother gave me and started reading about the process.

I was so invested in the book that I didn't notice how much time passed. It's almost time for dinner. I once again missed lunch.

I finished the book and went downstairs, where I found Mother sitting at the table and greeted her.

"Hello Mother"

"Hi Puppet, you missed lunch again."

I'm sorry, mother; I was just reading the inheritance book you gave me and got sidetracked. "

"It's fine, have a seat and tell me about all you've learned today."

I began telling her about the entire process, what to expect and what not to expect, and how I felt about each step, and she sat there and listened to me, her eyes filled with love and affection.

"I'm glad you're excited about your birthday. What would you like to do?"

"Nothing much, but if I get to spend the day with you, it'll mean so much to me."

"Alright, puppet, I'll see what I can do about getting that day off. You won't mind if I accompanied you to Gringotts, right? "

"Of course not, mother; if you did, I'd be even happier."