He's not your son

Wilson pov

Once we finally reached home Tom had calmed down a lot more

"Feeling better love?"

"Much, now that we're far away from that bloody orphanage, one more second there and I would have gone crazy"

"It wasn't that bad dad, you're not the one that spent 16 years there"

"How ever did you last that long there without going insane? Especially with those people around, I don't think I would have last even a day there before I did something that I most likely would regret"

"Dad the theory is called 'Survival of the fittest' you're not really the fittest among us three"

"Ay, that's not fair Marv, I should get some credits afterall I survived my father and Merope"

"That's enough I don't think I can handle the both of you trying to compare trauma today, instead we should be celebrating Marv's officially being part of this family" I said stepping in, as much as I love the fact that they can joke about their trauma, it wouldn't be good for either of them if I let them continue

"Daidì is right, since we're celebrating, we should also have Daidì officially adopt me the wizard way"

"What's the difference between this adoption and the wizard way?" I ask curiously

"Oh nothing.....besides the fact Daidì can blood adopt me"

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?" Tom said excitingly, which left me completely lost

"I am saying what I'm saying, why else would I say it?"

"Oh bloody yes, let us go now, this can't wait any longer"

"Dad you do know that Gringotts is basically a bank right? What bank do you know is open this late?"

"You Marv will be the death of me, you could have told us tomorrow instead of today, got my hopes up too quickly"

"How is that my fault?"

"Can either of you fill me into whatever is going on right now? And what in bloody hell is a blood adoption" I asked exasperated

"Do you want to do the honours or should I dad?"

"You should"

"So blood adoption, is when a wizard or two wants to adopt a child but also wants for said child to share their blood, family magic or similarities, so they opt for blood adoption which can replace the child old blood with the new blood. So if you were to blood adopt me I would be yours and dad's child instead of dad and Merope. Does that make sense?"

"Makes sense why Tom was so exited"

"So daidì are you willing to blood adopt me?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, but if my blood were to replace 'the egg donor' wouldn't that mean you could lose your Peverell Slytherin Ravenclaw and Gaunt heritage? I know that you dont really care about the Gryfindor Heirship, but youd still lose it too"

"I never thought of that"

"Exactly, as much I love the idea of you being my son through and through, but I could never bring myself to take away your Slytherin heritage"

"It's not like I'll be totally powerless, I'll still have my prince, Grindelwald and Dumblodore heritage from Dad side, so what if I lost 5 out of 8 heritage, I think it would still be worth it, if you don't want to blood adopt me just say so"