Not Again

I chase after the blur called Gemma. After she took the left at the end of the hallway. I lost sight of her. I've opened several doors, went down several passageways, even climbed the roof; yet, I still haven't found my annoying sister. I decide to head back to my room and recollect my thoughts on where she could be. For once, she's got the slip on me. I open my door and see my sister asleep on my bed with my journal and pen beside her. I walk silently over to her and place a gentle kiss on her head. Afterwards, I take back my stolen property. I gently close the door behind me and head for our library. A place not many go to, a place where it's peaceful and quiet, a place where my demons will become nonexistent. My solace.

I take my seat at the table and open my journal to my last entry. I can see small tear stain across the dried ink. I flip the page over to write a whole new entry. That is until I see she's written on the next two pages.

Sweet yet stupid brother of mine,

Even if I have my own demons to face; you too have yours. It may seem like burden to you if you spoke of your demons to me. However, I see it as a sliver into that annoyingly brilliant brain of yours. You could never be that burden you speak of. I will always be by your side fighting those said dragons with those said katanas. Family means everything to me. And you my brother, are family. If you can't see that, than you're clearly more delusional than I thought. I will always be by your side. I will always hold every secret you slip out in my heart. Forever locked. You're not alone silly rabbit. You have Ren, Matty, Valley, Niko, Jules, Lonzo, Maxi Pad, Gi, Leo, Vinny, and lastly our father who care about you just as much as I do. We're a lot alike which is why we get each other. But, those, they love you just as much as I do. And they'd be hurt if you were gone just how I would. You're important to this family just as much as the rest of us. It's us against the world. And that means all of us. Which includes you. I hope one day you can see the importance you are to this very family. The importance you are to each of us. Again, it's US against the world.

Love,

Gemstone.

I turn the page over and prepare to write. That is until I see another entry, however, it isn't Gem's. I flip over to see nine other entries. Each one from each of my ten brothers. I flip back to the first entry and begin to read.

Hey Shit head,

Remember the time you broke your arm from climbing the tree? How I had chased you after you painted my face like Captain Spaulding? When Papa asked how you fell out of the tree? You said you slipped and in reality, I pushed you. You knew Papa would light my ass on fire yet, you lied and said you slipped. Knowing you were told not to climb trees. I never got to ask you why you done it. It's not like you would answer it anyways. I have a feeling it's because you didn't want me in trouble. One is enough in your eyes. If you would have told the truth, I would have only been the one in trouble. I'm the reason your arm was broke. Yet you took the fall as if it was normal. Like breathing in air. Just know Lucian, I love you more than you'll truly understand. When those 'demons' become to much. Please come to me. I care about you just like the rest of us.

We are family after all.

I love you fratellino.
Love, Jules.

That's probably the most heartfelt thing he's said in ages. I turn the page and continue to read the next entry.

Shit monkey,

Those dragons will have several katanas cutting their heads off. Not just one. Us AGAINST the world. Not Lucian against the world. That includes those demons.