Endless Loops Of Dreams

Life always comes with surprises. Some surprises aren't welcoming surprises. Those are the nightmares from Hell surprises. Like needing surgery, having a tumor, never able to carry children, cancer, lastly being shot at. Those are the worst surprises anyone could ask for. It felt I've walked around in the dark for ages. Ages with no lights on in my skull. Ages of not hearing Vin or Leo bicker over nonsense. Ages since I've seen Val's brainiac mind work. Ages since I've watched Niko's insane ninja skills. Ages since I've heard Juls complain. Ages since I have heard jokes from Lonzo or Gi. Ages since Max has made an airhead comment. Ages since Dad, Ren, or Matt have yelled 'Language' at me. Ages since I've seen my bright eyed sweetheart sister. Being in the dark is lonely and cold. You would think I'd love it since I keep to myself. In reality, it made me realize how much I missed my family. How much I missed everything they do on a daily basis. Every second is an old memory. Each memory is different. Some make me laugh, some make me cry, while some make me so angry. But most are memories of Gemma and I. Some are great while some are nightmares. Constantly showing me how much of an asshole I was to her at times. Each comment is a stab to my cold heart. Looking back, I was hurt but I shouldn't have hurt her because I was hurting. I shouldn't have said some things to cut her deeper. To make her think she was worthless. Even through everything, she was always by my side or in my shadows watching me. She's always saving my ass even after everything I had put her through. Usually it breaks bonds with siblings; yet here she is still to this day by my side. Gems has the biggest and brightest heart a person could have. If I don't make it, that big bright heart will shatter. Her light will go out and Gemma wouldn't be her usual self. That's why I'm still fighting these darken dreams. The chaotic nightmares. I could possibly live with myself as a ghost knowing I crushed my brothers or my father. But, I wouldn't be able to live as a ghost knowing I hurt and shattered our sister. I've seen her without her spark and I never want to see that again.

<Dream>
"Lucian. Why'd you have to die on me?" Gemma's cries are heard in the distance as she's resting her cheek on my stilled chest. I watch as tears fall from her face and plop onto my dark suit. My hands are folded in a proper manner on my stomach region. My tanned face is now pale while my eyes are closed. Just like that, I knew I had died. Our family is standing behind Gemma as she wails out in agony.

"You promised Cian! You promised!" She screams out in a snotty voice. All I want to do is comfort Gems all I can do is watch from afar.

"Gemma. Come sweetheart. We need to leave." Father calls out to her.

"Go. I want my answers!" Gemma snaps in anger as her fist collides with my casket.

Before I can see what happens next, it's like my spirit has been sucked away and the horrid dream ends.

It's dreams like that, that scare me the most. I've never seen Gemma's face contort with so much pain. My heart constricted as I watched her wail in agony. I don't even know why I'm hear in this darken world. I have no clue what happened. I can't remember anything for the life of me that night. I don't even know how long I've been out. Will I ever wake up again? Or is this how I go? As I try to recall what happened that faithful and dreadful night; pressure builds up in my head. The pressure is so much that I feel like my ears are going to combust. As reel back that day, it's like everything clicked slowly.

The races, our siblings racing, Max winning a ton of money, and I went out like a light. But why? As if to answer my question, my mind replays it slower for me to pick up on.

<Forgotten Memory>
I watch as Gemma springs on the balls of her feet right before she takes flight. She sticks her landing onto Max. As Max holds our sister, she's smacking the living Hell out of the back of his head.

"I told you know stupid shit!" Gemma whines out.

"Language!"

"Language!"

"Language Gem!"

This causes the younger siblings to burst into fits of laughter as Gemma sticks her tongue out at Ren, Matt, and Dad like a child. Max gently places her feet back on the ground. I can hear Juls, Niko, Val, Matt, Ren, and Dad all having a conversation about our mafia. I can hear Lonzo, Gi, Leo, Vin, and Max talking about Max's driving skills. Gemma can be heard huffing and puffing over the situation to begin with. We make our way through the hurdles of cars. I glance up to see shiny objects flashing in the lights. It took me only half a second to realize what that object was and whom they're pointed at. With the triples beside me to my right and our next three older brothers beside them. I shove Gemma as hard as I can into our siblings. I watch as Gemma hits the ground, Gi and Lonzo have stumbled out of view, Vin stumbles and cracks his face into the side of someone's car. All that's left into view is Max and Leo. My voice is strangled into my throat. I can't warn them to take cover. I can't warn the rest of my family to protect themselves. I glance back up at Gi's truck and it's like my body has a mind of its own. I sprint towards my siblings. As I jump to cover both their bodies, I see two flashes. Before my head could hit the ground, I was put into the darkness.

I had been shot twice. Once in the chest and once in the abdomen.

I had been shot.

Someone was trying to kill Leo and Max. Or was it Max and Gi? Maybe Max and Lonzo? Who would want to harm underage kids? Who would seriously want to go to war with The Rossi's? Before I could answer my own questions, the horrible beeping noises stops. In replace of the beeping is a god awful alarm.

"He's coding again!" An unfamiliar voice screams out.

"We need you all to leave." Another unfamiliar voice orders whomever is in this room.

"You promised Cian! You fucking promised!" Gemma yells out in pain.

Her voice is the last thing I could hear before the buzzing noise dissipates into nothing and I'm back into darkness with an eerie silence.

Why does this feel like deja vu?