𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ - ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ

{ third person pov: }

the school cafeteria swarmed with high school students. almost all of the tables held friend groups eating their lunches. at one table sat ahn miyoung with sung hanbin. the rest of their friend group had been indecisive with their choice of lunch. which meant they were still getting their lunch. miyoung had been quick to decide on her lunch. her daily go-to was kimbap with a side of tteokbokki. similarly to miyoung, hanbin had also gotten kimbap.

the two took bites of their meat and veggies wrapped in seaweed. the first half of the day had been academically tiring. both miyoung and hanbin had tests which were energy draining. the two sat in silence, enjoying their meals. well it wasn't complete silence. the atmosphere of the cafeteria was very lively. which meant that it was also very loud.

"you should really kiss ricky," hanbin commented, breaking the partial silence.

"excuse me?" miyoung blurted. "i think i'm okay for now. but why?"

he shrugged as if he didn't know his own reasoning. "i ship you two, it'd be cute."

as badly as she did want to kiss him, she wasn't ready to make the first move, yet.

"whether you do like him or not," hanbin continued. "just know that i'll support you in whatever you decide. i mean it is your feelings though."

miyoung felt an odd emotion that she couldn't describe. hanbin's heartfelt words hit her hard. that was the word, heartfelt.

"who likes who?" yujin asked, walking into the conversation. "oh are we talking about ricky?"

"yes," said hanbin.

"no" miyoung lied.

"i agree. you need to make the first move, miyoung," yujin told her. "he obviously likes you. wait- you do like him right?"

"yeah..." miyoung admitted. she wondered if she would regret telling ricky's friends these things.

the three of them still sat alone at their regular lunch table. no one else was there yet.

"let's change the topic," miyoung suggested. "i'm bored of this topic."

she started to make random excuses so the topic could be changed. she feared that ricky would walk into their conversation.

"i'm not," spoke hanbin.

"me neither," yujin added.

"well i wanna change the topic before you-know-who comes sooo,"

"fine," yujin rolled his eyes at the female.

"hey miyoung," a different voice greeted.

park gunwook pulled out an empty chair next to ahn miyoung.