𝐬𝐢𝐱

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx - ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪꜱᴛ

{ ricky shen's pov: }

ahn miyoung casually left the room, leaving me fazed. my heart's pace started to increase rapidly. did she seriously just kiss my cheek? isn't this what i wanted? well actually i wanted a proper kiss. beggars can't be choosers i guess.

"did she just...?" i turned to hanbin.

he happily nodded. "if only i got it on video."

"you should've filmed it," i complained. "and sent it to me."

"sorry. maybe next time."

i hoped there would be a next time. if she decides to not make a second move, i will.

~~~~
{ the next day at school... }

i found myself standing in the lunch line with miyoung. we bought held empty lunch trays, awaiting to be served kimchi fried rice.

"you know," i spoke to her. "if you wanted to kiss me yesterday you could've just said so."

she was unprepared for those words. my guess was that she also feared that someone around us might've heard. the cafeteria was exceptionally loud today so i highly doubt it.

miyoung continued to stare at me, blankly. no words have left her mouth since i spoke.

"this is the part where you say that you wanted to kiss me," i told her. i moved my hand in small rotations, gesturing for her to repeat my words.

"sure," she said with a smug smile. "i wanted to kiss you yesterday, ricky shen."

her usage of my full name made my heart flutter. i couldn't tell whether she was attempting to flirt or not. even if it was unintended, her words produced butterflies in my stomach.

"do you wanna kiss now?" i asked her, jokingly.

"if you're ready, i am."

we stepped forward in the lunch line. we were both served bowls of piping hot kimchi fried rice. the two of us thanked the lunch lady and left the lunch line.

"i might just take you up on that offer."

i took a step closer to her. i leaned in playfully but she turned away.

"coward" i scoffed.

"you did not just call me that," she glared. even thought i said it as a joke her glare was serious. it sent chills down my spine.