Friendship but nothing more..... Right?!?

His arms enveloped me into a giant bear hug for the first time in a year. I hear his familiar voice still yelling into my ear,

“IT IS NOT POSSIBLE! MY BABY IS NOT TALLER THAN ME! NO!! BABE IT’S NOT FAIR! MY JACIE IS NOT TALLER THAN ME!” I laughed ignoring the butterflies in my stomach that were fluttering and struggling against my futile attempts to calm them. I pulled back and met his hazel eyes that were brimming with happy tears with my own also on the verge of tears. We both grinned from ear to ear and with that he leaned in and kissed me right on the mouth. I was in such a state of shock I couldn’t move or breathe. He pulled way after a couple seconds with a small smile on his face.

He whispered softly,” I really missed you Jacie.” My breath hitched in my throat when I heard that. I couldn’t think of anything else to but to wrap my arms around him again and give him a kiss on the cheek and whisper back, “I missed you too TRACIE!”

Travis does a little squeal in outrage of me using me old nickname I gave him. I took that as a sign as I should make a run for it and booked it. Of course he chased me still doing that shrill girly squeal all around the house.

I finally got tired so I plopped down in one of the chairs in the kitchen. He finally he caught up and plopped onto to chair next to me with a smirk on his face. “Do you give up?” he asks with that same mischievous smirk on his face.

I shook my head no unable to speak since I was still trying to catch my breath. The smirk turned into a wild grin as he leaped off his chair and pinned me down to my chair. His breathe was hot on my neck when he whispered,” You should of given up when you had the chance. Now it’s too late.”