Chapter 2: Meeting again after ten years

Let's go a bit back to the past. Eleveen years ago, (Y/n) was a kid when the lorax movie released. The songs, the colours and theme of the movie was so perfect for her.
Specially the onceler. She really like his attitude when it came to a song, being caring with pipsqueak the bear or when he sometimes gets irritated by the lorax or scream when he gets scared.

As a kid it was kinda difficult to see more than now that she is a grown woman. Like her mom being a gold digger and always telling his own son like he would fail or that he has to do a fortune for the family.
She really wished that to be there to support him and maybe explain about that indeed his family treat him like that he should stay in the forest with the animals living quiet and peacefull.

Back to the present, the onceler was surprised that he found someone in the forest.

-huh? Who are you? And what are you doing in the middle of the forest?

He asked, he didnt kneel or something, he watched her as he crossed his arms looking at her curious.

But on (y/n)'s side, she was screaming and fangirling on the inside.

-this is a dream come true but I feel so shy!!- she thought in her head as she was thinking of an answer.

-umm well I was exploring and trying to find a place for camping. And I got friends with the animals.- she says as she stood up and looked to his blue eyes.

-That make sense- he says getting his things he threw around. As he moved around and grabbing his things, she decided to do the same. She grabbed a few kitchen tools or clothes he threw.
She found his green gloves for garden or wood. But when she was got her hand on them suddenly without realizing the onceler's hand landed on top of her.

The onceler snapped before her and got up before her. -Ah thanks I needed them- looking at her as she stood up quick and gave his gloves.
-Yes sure I can gladly help.- she says putting her hands on her hood pockets.

She was processing what happened earlier. She felt onceler's hand on her by accident. They were soft and cleaned. Also including they were warm too.
She was holding her hands as she was giving her back to what he was doing. She was touching the place he just touch as it had a deep value for her.

-I will do my best to fix all this

she though on her head as she hold both her hands and took them close to her chest.

Onceler already did his big tent of the size of a house, he reunited with the animals as he took the gloves on and the Ax.

-All right, Here we go. About to make a thneed, about to change the world.
He says holding the Ax looking at the horizon feeling confident.

He got to closest tree as the animals followed.
(Y/n) remembered and ran to where onceler was but it was too late. He was already chopping down the tree. She saw the animals running and she tried to call for him to stop. But she covered her ears and closed her eyes when the tree made a loud sound when it falls.