Chapter 4: Not all things work as expected

The next day, it was pretty early. The onceler turned around sleepy as he barely opened his eyes expecting to see (Y/n) next to him. But it was a weird snoring expression of the orange furry guardian with moustache.

Onceler got eyes wide open as he sat up quick as he scream so loud. Following with the lorax screaming and punching onceler right on the face. Ouch!

(Y/n) then woke up quick and when she saw the lorax she fall off the bed and got up looking around.

-Ow! Okay what are you...auh ow!
He asked caressing the part he got the punch and looked around his house with an irritated face. -Question, what are they doing here? And follow up, if I may, what are YOU!! Doing here!!

He yelled to the lorax still next to him on the bed.

The lorax laughed nerviously as (Y/n) looked what was happening. She was trying to remember what she just lived last night and she nerviously spoke.
-Umm, guys, hope you dont mind I will go out for an early walk- she says and quickly left still on her pijama's closing the door behind her.

Of course this left both guys confused. (Y/n) went as far as she could so they wont listen.

-I have to do something, right now he will try to sell the only thneed and he will call his family. The future will be devastated.
She says anxious as she walked in circles.

On the other hand, onceler, was going outside with his thneed around his neck like a scarf and his guitar. Before leaving he was looking for (y/n) so he will tell her where he is going.

For his surprise, he found her speaking all by herself walking around and sometimes speaking to her own reflection on the river.

-she sounds worried for something- he whispered to melving as he also was looking.

-He will grow greedy and end up devastating. Everything.
She grew sad as she hold her arms, part of this responsability was too much. She was worried by onceler too. Since in the end of his story he was abandoned by his own and not supportive family. She went through that kind of things. Thats a many reason why she felt so common with a fictional character.

-But why do I even worry?- she asked to herself holding her face getting irritated. -he is not real. This is also not real.

-what is not real?- a second voice appeared behind her.

-Onceler, I was- its just, something I am worried about. Also with a bit of pressure. But for sure I will be fine.
She says smiling weakly at him as she rubbed her head.

-You know you can tell me. If its something you need you can stay with me the time you need it.
He says and brought her into a hug. She was surprise as she was doing tip toes. They were holding eachother feeling like friends of many years in a short period.
After that, she smiled and then noticed the thneed around his neck.

-I see you are going to sell that?
She asked looking at it.

-Yes, the lorax says its trash and I chopped down a tree to make a useless product. I even made a gingle for this.
-Its obvious he is not the type of target you are searching. -They said at the same time.
-But I bet you can use another material instead of trufula trees- She added not paying attention they say the same thing. Onceler was really surprised at that but he push what he just listened to the back of his head.

She says so he can maybe plan or think again on the material of the thneed.

-It surprise me how you guessed the gingle is included in the idea of selling it.

-I-I saw your guitar with you of course.
She really trying to disguise her true intentions.
She smiled trying to make him believe what she has between hands.

Onceler slowly was growing feelings for her, she seems to understand him very well. Seems he found someone to stay with.
-All right, so I am heading to the town. I will see you in the afternoon.
He said smiling at her patting her shoulder.

-Yeah, good luck- she says and waited for him to leave and get changed. She will make sure the thneed dont get in the girl's head after he quit and threw it away.

The lorax was confused why she looked anxious and running around the house searching for her things.

-Why you are in hurry?
He asked as he was with the animals.

It was time to at least tell someone. But she will tell she is from the future and not from an alternate world where this place is from a movie.

-This will sound shocking but I am from the future. I saw things he will cause and I will try to do my best to stop him. Lorax- she says holding his hands- I care about him too, he is not mean it went all down just because he had to do it for someone who wont approve him ever and that person wants the money he will get.

She explained and the last part sounded worried. - dont tell him that I am from the future. Let's try to stop him and make him a better person. Okay?

She asked looking at his eyes, the animals got worried of what she told, they did understand what she clearly said.

-All right, your secret is hidden with me. Now go and stop him. Still I'm not sure he will sell that thing.
He says cheering her but crossed his arms annoyed of the product onceler did.

After that, she ran to where he was. The towns name is greenville. A small town surrounded by the trufula trees and calm people. She just arrived in time, when he was receiving hits of tomatoes by the people.
They were throwing it at him to laugh on him as a joke. Its good to know its the first day he is selling it. She was about to leave but felt awfull he was being treated bad by people.

-Grrr, Okay I will help him this time and later I will see what I have to do to save this world.

She says irritated and she got right infront of onceler grabbing a tomato one of the people just throw. She really have quick reflects.

-Throwing this to someone who is doing his job?
She says angry.
-You better leave now, you have more important things to do Y'all!!!
She yelled squeezing the tomato on her hand angrily and people just sighed and some other left annoyed that she ruined the fun part.

Onceler was cleaning a bit his clothes and she turned around and helped him without saying anything.

-Thank you.
Onceler said as she was cleaning his white shirt sleeves. -I mean it.

-No need, I wont tolerate bullies or people who laughs towards someone like you.
She answered, onceler heard that and seems she really sound like having a tough past.

-This people might not understand your ideas but I do and for me your ideas are special. I promise I will protect you.
She says from really deep inside as she was holding his hands and looking down as a promise. He would think she will protect him from this people. But in real she meant the devastation even if she didnt say it.

He thought for a second its better for them to stay together. They meet shortly this two days but at least they have like a deep trust between eachother.
So maybe when he does a fortune with the thneed after a while, they will both have a good life on a big house and good things so they wont have problems anymore.
He thought maybe they can start a thing slowly, they are still meeting eachother so he doesnt even think of relationships or stuff like that when he is focused of selling and having money. But this time he will give a chance to that. So the next thing he did was holding her face and kissed her forehead softly.

(Y/n) was surprised by the sudden move as she was resting her hands on his wrists with a small blush. She was about to say something but he spoke.

-Lets go back home, we had enough for today.
He decided to hold her hand as he interwine his fingers with her as they go back to his house in the forest with melving follow them behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii, its good to know you come here this far.
How is all doing? If you like it, vote it. If you find a part funny dont doubt to comment.
More content will be updated for you.
Byyeee