Chapter 6

A hand softly gets placed on my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes to see Steve looking at me with a small smile on his face, and what looked like a box of tissues and a bottle of water. He moved my shield, so it was on the right of the square hole I was in. I watched as his eyes danced over the inside of my shield, and waited for him to say something about it, the name, or the shield itself.

"Here." Steve handed me the box of tissues and the bottle of water, "We are 3 hours out." Before he left, he gave my shoulder a soft squeeze showing that he was here if I wanted to talk, just like my father would do.

"It's true then, he is your son." I looked up to see it was Stark, the one who was in the iron suit, who spoke, and I have to say, he looks just like Howard.

"Come on, same eyes, same hair, and for god's sake, same shield, kinda." My heart skipped a beat, how did he know? Steve looked towards me as I pulled the shield closer to the hole to cover it for the second time today.

I could still hear them as they spoke to each other, "I don't have a son, and probably never will. But out of all the time I have known him, he feels like a son to me." A smile made its way onto my lips.

My stomach turns from hunger, as I thought back to when I last eat, it would have to be the night of the fire, when I drove headfirst into a building.

The two adults were still talking, but quieter, it was faint like I was surrounded by water. And all I could think about was the fun mum, dad and I used to have, they we may never have again.

Memory - Year 1957 ~ A middle age, blonde-haired man, stood in the dining room, his hands covering his eyes, while he faced the wall. "Ready or not, here I come."

The man turned around. A woman, wearing a bright blue knees length dress, and red-orangish hair that came just down to her shoulders, jumped up and towards her husband. "You'll never find him."

The man picked the woman up, bridal style, and placed her on the couch, "We'll see about that." He had a cheeky smile on his lips as he looked down on the woman he loves.

He leaned down and gave a quick peck on his wife's lips, before turning away and heading down the hallway and towards the room at the end of the hall.

The blond-haired man walked into the room and started to make his way towards a wooden closet, pushing on the clothes, just to make sure.

The woman appeared at the doorway, leaning on the frame. The man smiled at his wife before slowly getting down on all fours and looking under the bed.

There, under the bed, laid a little seven-year-old boy, whose hands were coving his mouth, trying not to let any noise out. Upon seeing his father, the seven-year-old crawled out from under the bed and into the arms of his father.

Somewhere in the sky – Year 2012 ~ I had crawled out from the little square hole and sat with my back against one of the jet walls. No one was really talking.

Lighting struck out of nowhere. I looked over to Loki who had a worried look on his face. "What's the matter? Scared of a little lighting?" He looked me right into my eyes, making me want to take what I said back.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows, Rogers." I hurt hearing my last name come out of his mouth with so much hate.

Then, as if it was on cue, the ramp began to open. I hugged my shield as I shivered from the frostbitten air. A man with a red cap appeared on the ramp, his long blond hair knotted from the wind. My dad described him just as he looks. He was Thor the god of thunder.

Thor walked into the jet and over towards Loki, before pulling him out, swinging his hammer, and flying out of the jet.

"Now there's that guy," Tony whispered under his breath as he got ready to go after him.

Steve came up behind me and wrapped an arm around me and pulled me further into the jet, just like a father would do.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha said yelled over the noise of the open rap.

"Think the guy's a friendly?" Steve asked Tony. I wiggled free from his grip as the two of them continued to talk.

Tony was the first to exit the jet, jumping off the ramp and diving down below. Steve then walked around the aircraft and picked up a quick conversation with Natasha, while I made my way to the sets that lined the wall and buckled in.

I pulled my shield up and onto my legs, letting the colourful side face up. My fingers guided themselves along the indented lines.

"Hey, buddy. Stay here alright? We will be back on our way very soon." He gave me a quick smile before walking towards the ramp that everyone else had exited from.

Steve upped a parachute up onto his shoulders like a backpack before buckling himself in. "There is only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." Steve then jumped out of the back of the jet without another word.

Words: 917