1.

With a shaky hand I pick up the first test, eyes claps shut as I try to steady my heart before looking. I'm hoping for the best, but deep down I know what the truth is. I take a few calming breaths, hoping that easing my breathing will cushion the blow. I can get through whatever the outcome is, I know I am stronger than whatever life wants to throw at me. With my eyes still closed I pull the test up towards my face.

  You can do this, Veronica.

  Apprehensively, I snap my eyes open Feeling them burn with tears as soon as I register the two deep blue lines that stand bold against the white background.

    "No! No this can't be right" I try to reason with myself. Maybe it's a faulty test, that happens all the time.

  I pick up the other three. Seeing the same blue symbol shine boldly on each of them, mockingly. The thick tears spring to my eyes before anything else, my body finally giving out as I fall to my knees and begin to sob. Who am I fooling? I tried to talk myself up, thinking I could handle whatever the outcome may have been. But I am fragile and far too weak. Deep down and despite my best attempts at looking through rose colored glasses. Those had shattered long ago.

I feel Angel wrap her slim arms around my body, trying her best to comfort me as I become a mess in the middle of the bathroom floor. She holds me for a moment, allowing me to release everything I am feeling. In a perfect world I would be filled with earth shattering joy, calling Noah and telling him the news. I'm sure he would be scared at first, but ultimately he'd be so excited to be a dad. But that's a world that doesn't exist. Even if Jasper wasn't also a possible contender in the game of "who's the daddy" there was still a big issue at hand. Noah's newly found infidelities have shattered any hope of a better outcome. As much as I love him, I can't allow him to get away with betraying me in such an unforgivable way. Not only has he caused me to doubt what love really is, but now I doubt myself. And I will NEVER allow a man to have that power over me again.

  "Hey, sweet face" Angel finally speaks after a while. Pulling my face up with her soft hands and locking our eyes.
  "We will get through this" she reassures as she squeezes me tighter.

  I know she heard everything Natalie confessed to me, and I wish I could manage to feel embarrassed at the fact. But instead I am just broken and lost.

I'm able to pull myself together after a while. Whipping my tears with the back of my hand.

   Angel and I come up with a plan. She tried to talk me out of it intently, but when her attempts were shut down she aided me in my efforts. We quickly clean up any and all traces of my pregnancy. Putting all four tests, boxes, and instructions into a plastic bag and shoving it down in her purse to dispose of. She gives me my last check in advance, that along with what I've saved up in the last few weeks is enough for an Uber, a plane ticket, and to get me set up in whoever I decide to go. She helps me with packing up what minimal belongings I have. They all get shoved into the same blue duffle bag I used when I first came home to Richmond. It's kind of funny, how everything has come full circle.

  I make sure to keep Noah's things separate, it's too painful to hold onto them. I neatly fold up the bedding and leave it on the corner of my mattress. Along with all his belongings.

  "Here, take my number. Keep in contact with me please. I won't tell ANYONE about today. I'll pretend like it never happened. Just please check in whenever you can and let me know you're safe. If you ever need ANYTHING do not hesitate to ask" Angel says as I escort her to the front door. She hands me a small sliver of paper, any and all means to contact her written on it neatly.