25.

"What about this one?" I inquire as I come into Mellie's view. I'm parading around in the millionth outfit that I have tried on, attempting to come up with something fit for the occasion.

  "Hmmm" she hums lowly as she begins to circle me, taking in the white dress that falls just below the cusp of my bottom end and the deep scoop neck that showcases what minimal bust I have. "No" she finally says after a moment.

  I throw my head back, defeated. Letting out a loud disgruntled moan of displeasure.

"But why?" I whine

"He said he was taking you out on a casual date, not to walk the streets" she has a point, but to be fair I don't really own anything causal. This is the best I've got, and that's after going through a number of more appropriate options first.

  "I'm about to cancel. I have nothing I can wear" I groan, throwing myself down on our sofa as I let out a frustrated huff.

  "No you are NOT canceling. Let me see what I have" she instructs, heading towards her room in a quick scurry.

  Her and Eli both are adamant that I go on this date with Noah, they barely let me get through yesterdays shift without mentioning it at least a hundred times. Thankfully Asher let me take this Sunday off, he said the club is rented out for a group of rich guys hosting a business party and they only needed a few bottle girls. I wasn't complaining though, I haven't gotten used to the new environment quite yet and I need a day to recollect myself. I haven't ran into anymore snotty girls, thankfully, but there's never a shortage of pinheaded and arrogant men running amuck. It's been excruciating having to fight off the flocks of drunk and horny men who try to get it in with not only Mel and I, but Eli as well.

  "Here" Mel comes out of her room, she's holding a long piece of black fabric up, it's belle sleeves tucked neatly over a satin hanger.

  Without a word I grab it from her, taking it in my grasp before walking into my room. I strip out of the risqué white dress leaving it in the pile of clothes that I have created on my floor. Stepping into the dress, the soft silky material glides up my skin in a one swift motion and I feed my arms through the wide arms and secure the waist with the tie that settles perfect on the center of my frame. Walking over to my bathroom I look at my reflection, seeing the gown hit just below my knees, hugging my waist tightly to give me the illusion of some kind of figure. It has a scooped neckline that showcases just the top of tops of my collar bones. I can't help but smile, seeing myself look decent for once.

  When I walk into the living room Mellie erupts in a chorus of whistles, hyping me up as I do a small spin.

  "What do we think?" She asks as she sits up straight on the sofa.

  "It's beautiful. I haven't felt so pretty in ages" I admit.

  "Well good, you deserve to feel great about yourself. Now what are you gonna do with hair and makeup?" She inquires.

  Honestly, I haven't given it much thought. I didn't think I'd ever settle on a suitable outfit for the occasion, much less anything else.

  "The usual?" I monotone with a shrug.

  "How about you keep it natural. Your hair looks gorgeous today and just some mascara to make those pretty blue eyes pop" she suggests, giving me a sweet smile as she stands and leads me over to sit on one of our barstools.

  She quickly grabs her small makeup bag, and a few brushes and combs from her room. Standing in front of me as she gently begins to even out my part and put a few hairs in place. I didn't even get the chance to argue with her idea before she took charge and just started doing what she pleased. It's nothing new when it comes to Mel, and I hope folio is ready for that side of her.