32.

~It won't let me attach an imagine any other way so I have to add them like this ))): ~

"What are you doing here?" My throat strings with the force behind my words as I stand tall beside Mel. The rage that had been building inside of me now rushing to the surface all at once, causing my limbs to tingle.

"You haven't answered any of my texts or calls" she deadpans with a shrug, stepping past the both of us and helping herself to one of the chairs cubbing the island.

"Yeah. Can you not take a hint?" My patience is paper thin, as I bite back the anger. I cant tell if it's pointed at her or more at my entire situation lately. But she is careless in her actions, which only provokes my increasingly growing volatility.

A million different questions circle my head as I attempt to somewhat gather myself. How the fuck does she have the nerve to come to my house with so much entitlement? What in her head could possibly give her the right? There is so much going on in my head, too much to even keep up with, I find myself fighting for the appropriate words to say.

"You don't get to ignore your mother" she cuts through my thoughts, leaning her thin back against the edge of my counter as she looks at me with a narrowed gaze. Her words coming out with a crass tone and without disregard of how ignorant they sound.

As if she really deserves that tittle. I roll my eyes at the thought and chuckle under my breath to myself.

"That's rich" i mutter, slamming the door shut beside me as I trail over to take a hefty swing from the nearly empty bottle sitting next to her on the counter.

She eyes me intensely the entire time, an unreadable look coating her face as she gawks at me.

"What do you want, Robyn?" I spit after a moment, irritation plaguing me.

"Well, I was disappointed when I had to find out online that my daughter got married, especially to someone I didn't know you were even dating when I met him" she mutters the last bit of her statement more to herself, but not quite quiet enough. Her small rounded eyes dancing between me and my friends that have now joined my side.

Her demeanor is different than the one and only time I have met her. Where she was compromised and tender beforehand, she is now cold and malevolent. Eyes pointed at me with a harsh gaze as her mouth is narrowed into a grimace. Like a scolding mother, as if she has the audacity to be so. It makes my already boiling rage reach a capacity that's almost too strong to rang back. How she even found my address is beyond me, and why she is showing up so late is only another reason to add to my angst.

"Hate to break it to you, Mommy, but you aren't entitled to me or my life"

  And then she smiles.

—-

"Can I get a double shot of vodka?" The tall brunette across from me asks nicely, a sweet smile painting her thin lips as she bats her long lashes at me.