⋆。°✩Chapter 6: Deja Vu⋆。°✩

"What he saw was different; he should have gone to bed, but instead, he stuck around for the moon"
- Seven by Men I trust (Oncle Jazz, 2019)

-

A few taps came from my window and its no other else than Craig Tucker. I opened the window, revealing his pretty face and the rad clothes he decided to wear tonight. He's wearing the same blue hat he keeps wearing, some grey oversized shirt with a NASA logo printed on it, a black pajama that looks a bit loose on him and some comfy socks and slippers.

"Are you not gonna get inside?" I said. It seems like he's just standing there for a long while already, not having any plans to get in. What is he plotting?

"How about you and me, outside" He whispers.

"ARE.YOU.CRAZY." I mouthed back. Holy shit, this guy's insane.

"Yeah, so get out, I know a place." He gave me his hand as an approach.

There was silence. Of course, I trust him, but considering this, awhile ago he was just a stranger who helped me; now its almost 11pm and he's at the roof deck of my window, asking me to sneak out with him. Despite that, I'm also out here battling my thoughts on whether I like-like him or just like him as a friend. What kind of butterfly effect is this? Did we both lock into a promise back then?

"Makes sense on why you're here. Does your mom knows about this?" I scoffed. No wonder why he's so free during nights; when this is his routine. - he seems to know it by heart too.

He rolled his eyes.

"Tweek, trust me. It'll be fine, plus you already got your decent comfy clothes on, so, let's go?" He said in a gentle tone, his voice is loud enough to turn into a whisper which felt like a warm hum of my favorite song.

"Promise?" I held out a pinky finger. "Promise." He smiled as he locks in both of our fingers; intertwined. I lean towards his sight and I can't seem to let go of his finger. - and he seems to wait for me to let go of it first too, so, I held it down slowly.

I grabbed a few pennies and paper bills on my piggy bank and grabbed my green cardigan I wore earlier. I soaked it in perfume so I won't smell bad. - Lowkey, one of my biggest icks is smelling bad, so I had to make sure. Then, with no hesitation, I hopped out of my window with Craig's assistance and we went down to the streets to have a midnight walk together.

We we're strolling down the streets, walking close to each other. Something about it felt like home somehow.

He kept looking at the stars while I kept looking at him, which made me felt a flush of warm fever in my insides, but the fever felt welcoming and comfy. I can't help but turn red which made me lean my head down on the ground. He seems to notice it.

"Don't worry. We'll be back at your house anytime you want." He said as he wraps his arms around my shoulder. My heartbeat grew louder and louder, like a huge wave crashing through a cliff, the first spark of an engine, the drums during parades, and the loud rumbling tapping of raindrops.

"Yeah. Thanks for assuring me" I smiled as I turn to look at him. "So, where are we heading?"

"The convenient store near the ocean boulevard."

"Woah, I love it there! I heard that place is still active despite being midnight."

"Yep, that's why I'm taking you there. I remember, you once told me about you're obsession with that place. Makes me wanna go too, so we're heading there. It's only a 20min walk though, hope you don't mind." He remembers a small detail I've said; right there, I couldn't help but admire him.