Epilogue: Eventide

"He knew me by heart. It infuriated me that he knew me by heart."
- Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky

(Pete POV)

A few hours earlier...

It was dawn, Michael had left me to go somewhere and my body was full of scars as I was chained up near the padlock of the door. Yes, I tried escaping but looking back, I really don't have anything worth living for, so I eventually gave up.

Henrietta is still on the cold floor, lying with a frozen stare. Her makeup was swatched everywhere as it was drenched by my tears. I couldn't stand seeing her slip through like that, she was young and had hopes despite the sorrows bubbling up inside her. - But I don't wanna stand in a place where she won't see me, even in her last moments. I wanna go through it with her. Even if it means drenching her with every drop of my tears.

I eventually felt numb and all that could accompany me was the view upon the ceiling with nothing but an emptiness that reflected the war inside me.

I then hear a loud scream, I can't pinpoint where the sound is coming from, but I am certain that it is near.
"HELP ME, PLEASE, ANYBODY." The voice was so familiar it sent a shiver down my spine. I looked down at the chain in my hands. I grasped for the urge to help but the only thing I could do was pray for the better for that fearful person.

then another shriek was heard, but this time it was pleading more painfully.
"MICHAEL, DON'T KILL ME, PLEASE, NOT IN THAT WAY. I WILL DO ANYTHING, JUST PLEASE..."

"You are a thief. People like you should ROT!"
Michael clapped back.

There was rambling and a few shots given,

but its calm now.

And at that moment, I knew, I failed. Even in the slightest promise I could've done to grasp myself a better life.

☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆

(Craig POV)
Back to the present.

Every step of an inch feels so heavy as I'm being escorted to the said room. I look like a mess and I breathe through my mouth with my hands held by two men in black to my back. If they weren't 'gentle' I could've been chained up or dragged everywhere like a dog.

"We're here, Sir Tucker. Please go as told." The other guard sternly said. My body started to heat up and I was on the verge of exploding.

I wanna run away and just scream on top of my lungs. Knowing I will eventually do as I'm told; my pride was kicked and torn apart. I don't wanna feel belittled by listening to what these "authorities" told me to do so. I feel so naive.

I know I'm better than all of this but WHY THE FUCK HAS LIFE TREATED ME THIS WAY? I NEVER WANTED IT TO COME OUT LIKE THIS.

First my family, then my education, then Ruby and Tweek, and this bullshit in front of me. All because I liked a boy.

All because I liked a boy.

And wow, now as I feel this stuff with rage I felt a cliche feeling of cringe panging inside of me, knowing I signed up for it and now I'm complaining about it.

It's bullshit. Having to stay up so packed up and collected? What a traditional eldest sibling experience. I became the mother and the father to Ruby but at times like these when its already about myself, all of sudden I can't mother and father myself.