why...? ⛈️

A/N: ANGSTY CHAPTERRRR <33

Third Person POV:

The rain fell hard against windows and umbrellas as the thunder clasped harshly in the sky. A person ran through, in and out of the bustling streets of the city through the rain hastily. C'mon America... was all they could think about.

Earlier...

Russia was driving back home from hangout with a few of his friends. Music quietly played through the empty car while the Russian hummed along to the tunes. However, the vibe was interrupted by a phone call coming from a best friend of his. The phone screen read "America 🌹" on it with a call button. Russia glanced at his phone as his face flushed immediately.

Him and America had a close relationship, being introduced to each other at a young age. Basically childhood friends. That was, until 2 years ago, Russia had discovered he had feelings from his best friend. He contemplated them for a while, denying it but then realizing that he truly loved the American. His American. He loved his personality, his appearance, his laugh, his everything. He'd do anything for him. He snapped out of his daze and realized the phone was still ringing. Picking it up, he stuttered "A-America? You called?"

"R-russia. I'm s-sorry but thank you for being t-their for me ever s-since every-everything." What Russia heard confused him until he realized what he was saying. No... Russia's eyes widened and tears began to form at the corners of his eyes. "P-please forgive me-" "America. WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW." "Goodbye...Russia." "AMERICA, STAY WITH ME PLEAS-" His voice was cut off by his love hanging up on him. The Russian began hyperventilating and started driving at full speed towards the location to where America was.

Back to the present..

Russia had arrived at America's house, immediately rushing through the door which was unreasonably unlocked and running upstairs to his bedroom. What he walked into was unexpected. His states were trying to hold his hands away from the pistol lying on his desk, all crying out his name to try and stop him before disaster could happen. America saw Russia standing at the doorframe, drenched in rain water and tears spilling down his cheeks. It broke him to see his best friend...no..his love standing there with such heartbroken eyes and to see him in such a condition that he refused to tell anyone about.

America dropped to his knees and curled himself into a ball as Russia rushed the states out, immediately rushing over to sit next to and comfort the poor American. "Hey, hey I'm here.." Russia whispered to America, cradling him in his arms as the American sobbed into his chest. "What's wrong?" He took America's chin into his hand and tilted his head upwards so that he could face him. "N-nothing.." America sniffled. Russia stared into his soul, trying to find the crack in the shell of his lover. He felt the American begin to break as the striped country began to shake with sorrow. "You can tell me, you know that? No matter how much you cry, no matter how much you hurt, no matter how much you feel weak, you will always be my little warrior and my best friend, you know that?" Russia whispered, reassuringly.

But, when he said best friend, his heart ached. He wished to call the American his love, his darling, his beautiful star. Those words broke America as the Russian felt him begin to sob again, rubbing his back soothingly. He began to hum "Fly Me to The Moon" being that the song was America's favorite song. America began to calm down, only letting small chokes and sniffles out now. "Now can you tell me what's wrong?" Russia asked calmly. "I-I.." He sniffled, burying his head deeper into Russia's chest. "Why can't I have m-my own pro-problems, Russia..?" America whispered and felt tears begin to fall down his cheeks. "What do you mean by that, Stars?"

"Am I useless...?"

Russia's eyes widened. Why would his America think such a thing? It shocked him. "Why would you ever think this, Ame?" His heart broke into a million pieces to know that America thought so lowly of himself. "S-sometimes..," America sighed, "sometimes I wonder if the world would be so much better without me...yknow? I mean..nobody would care right..-?" He chuckled as he began to sob again lightly. "Why Russia...why can't the world just realize that I'm not okay..-? Why..why why why why WHY can't the world realize that I'm not a big cocky and overly confident BITCH?!" He began to sob louder as he brought his knees to his chest and cried into his hands. "Ame..." Russia's eyes began to water as he brought America's gaze to face his. "I care..I would care so fucking much," tears began to pour from his own eyes as America stared in shock, "I understand that being a world superpower is so stressful and hard but we make mistakes. Our own governments make mistakes. But if you d-die.." Russia inhaled, "I wouldn't be able to f-forgive myself because you, y-you, the fucking living joy of my l-life." He shook from all the sadness and tension that filled the solemn room. "I love you..America."

Tears fell down his flushed cheeks as America in took everything Russia had just said. Russia loved him. Somebody loved him. Oh how he needed, he wished day and night, to hear those words from someone other than his own family to say that to him. Oh how his heart ached to hear those words on repeat. Russia then kissed America passionately on the lips, caressing his cheek gently with his hand. America let him do it as he felt his heart burst like a blooming rose. He had found his lover, his chamomile. He realized the storms that they went through together, the mental ones and physical ones. His anchor, his joy, his significant other. The American let one last final tear fall as his sorrow and suicidal thoughts were cleared like the clearing of a variety of storm clouds. He had found his sun, the rays of joy that immersed from Russia intaking him whole.

Russia had pulled away, but before he could, America grabbed his cheeks and smashed his lips back onto his for a quick second. This left Russia in shock, but he felt America hug him again. "Thank you Russia." Russia hummed in response, letting a smile of content form on both of their faces. After holding the embrace for 5 minutes, they finally let go of each other, letting themselves get up from their sitting position. Russia stretched and began to walk towards the door, but he felt a tug from his sleeve stop him. America held onto Russia's sweatshirt. "And Russia?

I love you too."

Russia's face lit up, letting a faint blush form across his cheeks. He chuckled deeply, grinning. America let go of his sleeve and leaned against the doorway, watching Russia leave from his house. "Heh...cute American," Russia snickered softly, his face forming into a relaxed smile as he walked across the pavement and making his way back to his car.

Word Count: 1224 words