CHAPTER 20

The next day everyone waited for their senior but the cops were informed that due to some mission, their senior couldn't join that day and the person will join after a month.

Daya and Kajal were close compared to before. Daya shared his feelings with either Kajal or Abhijeet. He missed his sister and Kavin and others were looking for her but there was no clue about where she went.

A month passed by and everyone was back to normal including Daya. A higher official from HQ came to the bureau and asked the cops to follow their supervisor (only for CID).

'Gossip karna unhe bilkul pasand nahi hai.. Aur haan, crime scenes se unse aap bahut kuch seekh sakte hai..' The higher official said and left.

The cops came down to see off the higher official and after he left their supervisor entered and seeing their supervisor, the cops were shocked, emotional as well as happy from inside.

(A/N :- Ya guys your guess is correct, all my readers are very smart 😁).

'Purvi..' Everyone just said her name but she went upstairs talking on the phone.

'Itna attitude..?' Pankaj said. Everyone followed her.

'Mujhe aadhe ghante mei details chahiye.. No more excuses..' She said being strict.

'Aur vo Uday ka case details bhi bhej dena.. Bye..' She said and turned to others.

'Aap log apna kaam kar sakte hai..' She said and went inside her cabin.

Daya got frustrated and he went inside her cabin and called her being angry.

'Baad mei call karti hu..' She said and cut the call. She looked at him.

'Kya kaam hai aapko mujhse..?' She asked.

'Kya kaam hai..? 3 saal pehle bina kuch explanation diye chali gayi.. Aur ab 3 saal baad jab vaapis aayi ho tho baat karna dur ki baat, kam se kam hamari aor dekhna bhi nahi chahti ho..?' Daya asked.

'Mai bahut busy hu.. You may leave..' She said and called someone and got busy talking to the person about some case work. Daya was mad and he left.

Others who saw this were also sad and they tried to comfort Daya but failed. Shreya went inside and heard Purvi saying, 'mujhe 15 min mei Naina ki puri kundali nikal ke do..' Purvi yelled and cut the call.

'Itna gussa..? Purvi Daya sir..' Shreya said but Purvi interrupted.

'Tum logon ko koi kaam nahi hai kya..? Mujhe aadhe ghante mei saare files complete kar ke do.. Aur ha tum logon ko bekaar ki baatein kar ketime waste karne mei maza aata hoga lekin mere paas time nahi hai..' Purvi said.

'Shreya bahar chalo.. Vo abhi kisi ki baat nahi sunegi.. Uske paas itna fursat kaha hai yeh jaan ne ke liye ki uski parents ab is duniya mei nahi rahe..' Abhijeet said and Shreya came out along with Abhijeet.

'Purvi tum itna kaise badal gayi..?' Kavin thought.

Everyone got busy in working and a few days passed like this. Purvi didn't talk with anyone and she used to be busy with work.

One day, the higher official visited the bureau and then he left after sometime after talking with Purvi.

Purvi was working in her cabin and a case was reported. The cops investigated the crime scene. Kavin, Purvi and Pankaj were at the crime scene.

Pankaj took the photographs while Kavin interrogated the neighbours of the victim. Purvi was just seeing the body.  The neighbors left and Purvi stood up.

'Pankaj body ko forensic lab bhej do aur ghar ki taalashi lo..' She said and turned back and then sighed which Kavin noticed.

'Kuch hua hai kya mam..?' Pankaj asked. Kavin wanted to ask the same but couldn't as he didn't had the courage due to her angry mood.

'Gaadi ki chaabi do..' Purvi said and Kavin gave keys to her. She took the keys and went downstairs.

'Pankaj kaam sambhaal lena..' Kavin said and left.

'Saara kaam mujhe hi kyun karna padta hai..?' Pankaj sighed.

'Mai apna bag lene jaa rahi hu.. Pankaj akele kaam nahi sambhaal payega..' Purvi said without turning back when she realised Kavin was following her.

'Mai..' Kavin said.

'Clues dhundho..' She said and went downstairs. Kavin came back and Pankaj looked at him. Kavin sighed and worked with Pankaj. Purvi came after sometime.

Kavin got a call from Dushyant. So he picked it up.

'Kavin tu kaha hai..?' Dushyant asked.

'Crime scene pe..' Kavin answered.

'Thik hai jaldi bureau aana.. Vo actually Purvi ne kuch kiya..' Dushyant said.

'Kya kiya..?' Kavin asked.

'Tu aa tujhe pata chal jaayega..' Dushyant said and cut the call. Pankaj was just behind Kavin, so he heard and can't control his curiosity.

'Mam aapne aisa kya kiya ki Dushyant sir ne hume abhi bureau bulaya..?' Pankaj asked while Purvi looked at him.

'Tumhe koi clue mila..?' She asked but Pankaj nodded in no.

'Tho dhundho.. Time waste kyun kar rahe ho..?' Purvi asked while Pankaj kept quite. Purvi went downstairs and Kavin yelled on Pankaj.

'Pankaj, koi baat secret nahi rakh sakte..? Tumhe pata hai Purvi humse bahut mushkil se baat kar rahi hai.. Ho sakta hai ki Dushyant ko kuch aisa mila ho jisse ki hum Purvi se baat kar sake..' Kavin glared at Pankaj while he apologized.

They reached the bureau and then Purvi saw Daya being upset and Abhijeet consoling him.

'Koi na koi raasta hoga Daya Pari se baat karne ke liye.. Vo tumhari behen hai..' Abhijeet said.

'Baat karegi..? Tumhe lagta hai vo mujhse baat karegi..? Abhijeet tumne dekha na ki vo kis tarah muh fer leti hai.. Vo jaanti hai ki mom dad ab nahi rahe phir bhi vo mujhse baat karna dur ki baat yeh tak nahi mehsoos karti ki is waqt mere dil pe kya beet raha hai..' Daya said.

'Purvi..?' Kajal said when she saw ger near the door. Others looked at Purvi who seemed to be cool, not at all worrying about her brother.

'Mujhe Aniket ka kundali chahiye aadhr ghante mei..' Purvi said and went inside her cabin.