twenty

season one episode three ; hide and seek . . .

part three . . .

recreation room . . .

main tower . . .

the lost city of atlantis . . .

lantea . . .

the pegasus galaxy . . .

John, Rodney, Aiden, Teyla, Adrian, Jay and Evan were sitting in the assigned recreational room on various sofas. Rodney is sitting on the same sofa as Aiden, John and Adrian, while Jay, Teyla and Evan take up the other sofa. Jay had moved to sit on the floor between Evan's legs, and his hands were expertly braiding her hair back from her eyes. John is passing a bowl of popcorn between everyone.

"Funny," Rodney muttered sarcastically when John held the bowl out to Rodney, the personal shield still active, eating a handful with a grin. Adrian had decided he didn't particularly enjoy the popcorn, however Teyla loved it. John suddenly sat up as a certain play was set up on the video.

"Oh, here it comes. Watch this." John said excitedly.

"Flutie is back. Four seconds, three seconds, two seconds, one... Flutie throws. This game is over. Hail Mary, it is caught!"

"Oh!" John exclaimed. "That is beautiful. Can you believe that?"

"Should I not?" The twins asked at the same time, completely confused.

"Well, the defence didn't cover the receiver because he didn't think the quarterback could throw that far," John explained.

"They seem very happy," Teyla said, giving John an amused grin as she sat back against Evan, who finished tying off the first braid.

"Well, they just won one of the best games of all time against all odds."

"Flutie won the Heisman that year," Aiden told them.

"And then went on to play in Canada," Rodney said.

"He played hockey, too?" Teyla asked Rodney and Jay, both of whom stared at her blank-faced as the rest of the group snickered and Elizabeth entered.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Elizabeth asked curiously.

"I'm teaching Teyla and Adrian how football is the cornerstone of Western civilization," John explained.

"And you didn't invite me?" Elizabeth asked with mock petulance.

"What, you like football?" Jay asked, raising her eyebrows sceptically as Evan finished tying off the second braid.

"No, not really." She admitted, giving them a small grin.

"Oh, come on. It-it's real, it's unpredictable, it's full of passion and...beer-" John said.

"Hot dogs..." Evan mused.

"Cheerleaders," Rodney added.

"I just can't understand. You're allowed one personal item, and you chose this." Elizabeth said, gesturing to the screen as she ate the handful of popcorn she took from Aiden's bowl. John turned to look at Elizabeth in slight offence.

"It's a metaphor. Don't you see? This entire expedition is the biggest Hail Mary in human history."

"What is a Hail Mary?" The twins asked, the rest of the group looking amused.