five

season one episode one & two ; rising . . .

part five . . .

washington dc . . .

united states of america . . .

earth . . .

the milky way . . .

may, 2004 . . .

Inside the home of Doctor Simon Wallace, the man sitting on his sofa as a video that Elizabeth made starts playing.

"Simon, if you're watching this, it means the President has been kind enough to grant you security clearance. We're not going on a diplomatic mission to another country. We're going to another planet in another galaxy by means of a device called a Stargate. Millions of years ago, there was a race of beings we call the Ancients. They created a network of these Stargate's throughout our galaxy in order to travel freely among their worlds. We don't know why, but they left for another galaxy somewhere between five and ten million years ago, taking their entire city along with them. That city was called Atlantis. I have been assembling an expedition team in order to try to find Atlantis and hopefully, the Ancients who left Earth all those years ago."

The expedition members are preparing to leave, saying goodbye to their loved ones and heading for Colorado. 

Aiden kissed his grandparent's goodbye before getting into a taxi. 

Carson sat down to a home-cooked meal in his mother's kitchen, his mother doting on him. 

Rodney is leaving his cat Einstein with a neighbour, complete with a supply of food.

John is sitting on a hillside in a park near a coastline, flipping a coin indecisively.

Evan is hugging his mother and sister goodbye, accepting the bag of baked goods from her despite knowing it wouldn't leave the SGC. Jay is stood beside him, grinning from ear to ear as she accepts tight hugs from Evan's family.

"I want to do this, Simon with all my heart. You know me well enough to know that I could never turn down an opportunity like this, but I wanted the chance to tell you-" Simon paused the video and moved over to the phone and dials a familiar number.

"The cellular customer you are trying to reach is currently outside the coverage area." Simon ended the call and looked back at the TV.

"No kidding."

stargate command . . .

colorado springs . . .

earth . . .

the milky way . . .

On level twenty-eight of Stargate Command, the corridors are crowded with expedition members move equipment around, preparing for departure.

"I narrowed it down to about three things, but after a week, it just kind of fell into place..." A Canadian expedition member said, and a few meters down the halls Peter is speaking Spanish with another member and pat him on the back. In the area just outside the gate room, Aiden is trying to speak to two expedition members who are talking in a language Aiden doesn't understand.