ten

season one episode one & two ; rising . . .

part ten . . .

athosian settlement . . .

athos . . .

the pegasus galaxy . . .

Jay and Teyla were sitting close together leaning against the table and they were speaking quietly when, without warning, a young man with a head full of curls that appeared to defy gravity and seemed about the same age as Teyla came into the tent, and Jay was amused to see a bewildered John being dragged in after him. Teyla gave the man a sharp glare that he apparently didn't seem all that bothered by.

"Adrian, how many times must you be told it's rude to enter unannounced?" Teyla asked exasperatedly, but Adrian appeared unphased which Jay found more than amusing. Stepping away from Teyla took some willpower, since all she wanted was to stay in her hold forever, and finished putting her uniform back on. Teyla put her coat back on, though she did step closer to Jay once she had.

"And I've told you that telling me so isn't going to change anything, sister," Adrian replied, amused. "Now, more pressing matters."

"Colonel Sumner wants to talk to you," John said, speaking up for the first time since Adrian dragged him into the tent. "About the ruins across the lake."

"Very well." Teyla nodded, but she was frowning. "Adrian, please call for Toran."

"Anything for my little sister." Adrian teased as he left. Teyla sighed.

"You are only four minutes older than me!" She called after him. "It seems to matter very little that I am our people's leader."

"Major, tell Sumner he can come in whenever," Jay ordered, and John nodded sharply and left, looking more than a little relieved as he did so. "You look concerned," Jay noticed, leaning back on the table. Her uniform was back on securely, and her arms were crossed across her chest.

"The City of the Ancestors is not safe," Teyla replied. "Many believe the Wraith will come if we venture inside the city."

"Wraith?" Shock flashed across Teyla's face, but before she could answer Adrian re-entered the tent along with Toran, John only a few paces behind him with Sumner and Aiden.

"Toran." Teyla greeted with foreheads pressed together for a moment. "They wish to venture into the City."

"The city of the Ancestors is not safe." Toran immediately said, facing the strangers.

"We can handle ourselves," Sumner assured them.

"The Wraith will come." Toran insisted.

"Who are these Wraith?" Jay asked, speaking up. Teyla turned back to her soulmate, surprised.

"We have never met anyone who did not know," Teyla said slowly, wary of them.

"Well, you have now."

"If the Wraith have never touched your world, you should go back there now."

"Oh, we'd like to, but we can't. See, here's the thing, ma'am." John explained. "We've got ourselves into a bit of a bind, and we may need a safe place to stay for a while."

"Our people have long believed that the Wraith will come if we venture into the old city. But it is a belief we've not tested in some time." Teyla said the last part slowly but still sounded wary of the Earthers. Apparently, Sumner took this as a yes and turned to his men.