The Second Chance

Eren Jeager. There was no one in the world who didn't know that name. He was the man who caused the rumbling. The same rumbling that killed over eighty percent of the world. Hearing that name caused two different reactions from people. Some fill with hate when they hear his name. Others feel overjoy as some see him as a leader. 

It didn't matter who you ask since it didn't chance the fact that he was dead. The famous Armin Arlert supposedly killed him and stopped the war. That was a lie. 

The real person who killed him was Mikasa Ackerman, but she didn't want the credit of killing the one man she loved. Armin and his friends were now seen as heroes who took down the big bad villain Eren Jeager. Eldians weren't seen as devils no more since they helped in defeating Eren Jeager. The world now seem in peace. 

But what did Eren think of this? 

He couldn't see the cheers of the people. He couldn't hear them or even feel any emotions at all. The only thing he could see was black. He couldn't hear nothing and he didn't have the ability to make any emotion to show how he felt. 

'I deserve this.'

That's what Eren thought. He didn't feel any hatred for his death or sadness. He knew he deserve this. Now he was just thinking where he was going: heaven or hell. 

'I never wanted any of this' Eren thought as he look back in his life. He was a ten year old boy who saw his mother get eaten in front of him, and shortly afterwards he ate his own father to get his titan abilities. Let's just say, he didn't have a normal childhood. He then spent the next five years learning how to kill titans which in the end he found out where innocent people who were forced to turn into those beasts. It was after that he swore to get revenge on those who wanted him and all his friends dead. And where did that lead him? Well, you should already know by now.

 'If only. If only I had a normal life' Eren said in his head. 'If only... I had... A second chance.'

After that a bright light consume the dark room as Eren could hear crying. 'Who's baby is crying?' Eren thought in his head. He slowly open his eyes and saw his hands. They were small and for some reason, he only felt like crying. 'Are these tears of joy?' Eren said in his head as he wanted to find a reason on why he was crying. The reason was because he was just a baby. A baby who was just born in a new world.

Ten years had gone by and Eren was in middle school. Luckily for him he was born with the same name: Eren Jeager. He had found himself raised in an orphanage as it seemed his parents had abandoned him. Eren didn't mind that they deserted him since he never knew them, and he found his life in the orphanage quite good. The other kids in the orphanage started to look at Eren as an older brother type of figure, and they would go to him whenever there was a problem.

On a particular day though, a new kid had arrived. She was a girl with purplish hair and somewhat ok clothes. Her name was Ai Hoshino. She first came through those doors with a plain face. She showed no signs of emotions, and her eyes seemed almost dark. She only had one parent, her mother, but she was arrested for theft. The police sent Ai to the orphanage while her mother did her time. Months later Ai would find out that her mother had gotten out, but she never went to go pick her up.

"Do we talk to her?" one of the kids asked as they could see the girl sitting by herself, looking at the food tray that was in front of her. "She hasn't talked to anyone since she got here. Not even big bro Eren" another kid said. Whenever a new kid would come, the other kids would try their best to talk to them. After getting to know them for a while the kids would then take them to see Eren, who would try to help them settle in. Even in an orphanage, Eren was still a leader.

Eren walked over and ask, "What're you guys talking about?" The kids froze and turned to him with a nervous expression. "W-We were just wondering if we should talk to the new girl" one of the kids said, hoping that Eren wouldn't think they were badmouthing the new girl. "I think we should give her some time. She just found out her mom isn't coming back to get her" Eren told the kids. The other kids nodded their heads and went somewhere else. Eren turned his head at Ai and stared at the back of her head. The idea of going to talk to her was in his mind, but only just for a sec. He of all people knows that people grieve in different ways.