Chapter five

The month came and went quickly, and school was back in session. It was our last semester as freshmen; and by this time, my stomach had grown significantly, to where the other students would stare and whisper whenever I walked by them in the halls.

Kayden grabbed onto my shoulder and steered me into an empty classroom as all the other students went out for lunch. "Hey. Do you know if they caught the girl yet?"

"Don't know. My brother hasn't called." I answered.

"So she's still out there?"

"Most likely." I nodded.

A loud scream was heard by the football field, and we ran over to where the scream was. The dean ran over to all of the students. "Nothing to see here. Back to your dorms. Classes will continue as sceduled."

Kayden swerved around the dean, gasping loudly. "THERE'S A DEAD BODY!"

The dean sighed, looking at Kayden, and addressing the students. "You're all safe here. We will protect you as best we can, and we will inform the police of this, and get a protective detail set up around the school perimeters." she looked at me. "Ms. Hotchner, your brother is an FBI agent, correct?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Could you possibly call him and get him over here?"

I looked at Kayden, then the dean. "Um...s-sure."

"Classes have been canceled for the rest of the week. Go back to your dorms!" the dean shouted and corralled all the students away, and we all walked back to our dorms.

"You call your brother, I'll get us locked up." Kayden said as she bolted the door once we got into our dorm, running around and locking all the windows.

I got my phone out and dialed my brother's number, holding it up to my ear and hearing it ring.

"Hello?" Aaron answered from the other side of the phone.

"Aaron."

"Vanessa? What's wrong?" he asked, noticing the little quiver in my voice.

"Can you come to the school? Something happened."

"I'll be there in ten." he said, and hung up on his end.

I took my phone away and Kayden walked back into the room. "Aaron will be here in ten minutes."

"Ten minutes can't come fast enough." Kayden said.

I shot a text to the dean and she responded quickly, and I put my phone away. "What do you want to do in the meantime?"

Kayden shrugged. "Disney movies? Those always cheer me up."

I laughed lightly. "Sure. What movie?" I asked as I sat on the couch, picking up the remote.

"Ooo. How about Princess Diaries?" she asked as she sat beside me.

"Really? You've seen those movies like, a bazillion times. You can practically quote it word-for-word now." I said, but pulled up the movies.

"What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good romance. Plus, Chris Pine is hot. I'd sell my soul to meet him." she said.

"Mm, that's fair." I said, having her high-five my hand before I clicked on the first movie; the two of us settling back to watch.

The minutes went by in a blur of girly screams and crying, and pretty soon, the door was knocked on.

"I got it. You just sit here." Kayden said as she went to answer the door, opening it and seeing my brother. "Hey, Aaron."