-6- The awkward question

Four has been thinking about a lot of things lately. Although, one specific thing has been nagging at the back of their mind.

Their awkward relationship with Two.

Four and Two definitely weren't enemies anymore, but Four didn't see Two as a friend. They didn't know what they saw Two as. Every time they're near them, they feel sick to their stomach.

It took a lot of considering, but Four decided that they should probably confront Two about these feelings. Four thought that Two deserves to know instead of keeping it a secret.

Two was sitting on a bench near the Goiky Canal. They were taking in the view of the water.

Four walked up to Two and asked if they could sit down.

"Of course you can-" Two patted the space beside them "-Come sit down ole chap!"

Four smiled at their enthusiasm. They sat down beside the green one and took in the view with them.

The leaves in tree beside the bench rustled in the light breeze. The water in the distance flows softly against the current. It was the perfect spot for this conversation.

After a few minutes of taking in the scenery, four sighed in dismay at the situation at hand.

"Two. There's something I need to talk to you about. It's pretty important to me." Four stated, trying not to show the weakness in their voice.

"Go ahead! I'm always here to listen." Two replied, smiling softly in Four's direction.

Two's smile was irresistible to Four. Four looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"The thing is. I know we aren't enemies anymore, we're friends, right?" Four started.

"Of course we are, Four!" Two looked in Four's direction, despite Four refusing to make eye contact.

"I don't know how I feel about you" Four continued "I care about you, a lot. More than you think I do. Every time I'm near you I feel like I could melt." Four's face turned a light shade of purple as they spoke.

"What are you trying to say, Four?" Two asked gently.

"I don't see you as a friend, Two. I love you. I.." Four's voice quivered "I want to be more than friends."

Two went quiet for a moment, they look out at the water.

Four's eyes were dark and glassy as they gazed at Two, petrified that they weren't answering.

After a few seconds, Two spoke up. "Four.." they started. "I love you too. But what would the others think of this?" Two questioned, putting their hand on top of Fours and looking at them.

"I- I don't know" Four admitted "they don't need to know just yet.."

"They would figure it out eventually." Two added

"You really think those idiots would figure it out?" Four said, smiling wistfully.

Two tittered. "Yea, I suppose you're right."

Two leaned onto Four, looking at the view once again.

"So...are we.. dating now?" Four asked awkwardly.

Two laughed a bit. Two knew that Four can be really oblivious and awkward at times, it was amusing

"Yeah, sure.." Two spoke quietly to Four.

Two could feel Fours body relax underneath them as they enjoyed the few together.
—————————————————————————-
A/N: I wrote this during class on the last day of school. I'm actually kinda proud of it!