Chapter 24 - Far From Ground

"Go get dressed, put a nice dress on." Harvey smirked.

"Why?" You stared him out in retaliation.

"I'm taking you on a date."

A smile crept across your face as Harvey's words caught you off guard. The tension of the earlier conversation began to dissipate, replaced by a sense of excitement and anticipation.

"Really?" you asked, raising an eyebrow. "And where might this mysterious date be taking place?"

Harvey chuckled, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "It's a surprise. Just trust me, it'll be something special."

Curiosity sparked within you, and you couldn't resist the lure of an unexpected adventure. "Alright then," you said, playing along. "I'll get dressed and ready and back here in no time."

You hurried back to the farmhouse, Harvey waiting outside.

You picked a pink floral summer dress to match the weather. As you slipped it on and glanced at yourself in the mirror, you felt your heart sigh. You couldn't wait to see what Harvey had in store for you. You quickly washed your hands and applied some mascara and concealer. Minutes later, you emerged from your room, dressed in the chosen attire. Harvey's eyes widened as he took in your appearance, a mix of admiration and adoration evident on his face.

He reached out to straighten a loose strand of hair and let his fingers linger on your cheek. "Ready for our adventure?"

The two of you strolled leisurely along the pathway that led to the train station, enjoying the gentle breeze that rustled through the trees.

As you made your way through the clearing, your eyes were drawn to a brightly colored object in the distance. As you and Harvey approached, the object gradually took shape, revealing itself to be a magnificent hot air balloon.

A mixture of surprise and curiosity washed over you, and before you could fully process what you were seeing, Harvey turned to you with a mischievous grin. "Take a flight with me?" he asked, his voice filled with excitement.

You blinked in disbelief, trying to process the situation. "You...you planned this?" you stammered, your heart fluttering. Harvey's grin widened, his eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Yes, I wanted to surprise you," he confessed, his voice filled with affection.

"But aren't you scared of heights!?"

Harvey smiled, his eyes filled with warmth. "I know that I'm scared of heights," he said, his voice laced with sincerity alongside a giggle. "But sometimes, people can give us the courage to face our fears. And being with you gives me that courage." He smiled, intertwining his fingers with yours.

You made your way to the balloon. The vendor informed you of how the balloon worked, showing you the intricacies of the balloon's burner and basket. He reassured you about the safety measures in place and answered any questions you had, putting your mind at ease.

"The flight will be smooth and serene," the vendor explained. "Are you ready to go?"

The vendor motioned for you to step into the balloon. Harvey held your hand tightly, clearly terrified of what he was about to do. You both exchanged glances, silently affirming your decision to do this.

As the balloon gently began to rise, you held your breath, feeling a mix of anticipation and awe. The ground below started to shrink, and the surrounding landscape unfolded before your eyes in all its grandeur. Harvey had his eyes firmly closed next to you, shaking.

"Harv, you need to open your eyes." You spoke reassuringly.

"I- I don't know if I can." He replied, his voice trembling in fear.