Chapter 25 - The Difference Between You

(I'm sorry it took so long to update, life has been extremely busy and I haven't found the time!)

Harvey's voice, filled with a mix of longing and vulnerability, sent a shiver down your spine. His words held a plea that echoed the desires pulsating through both of you. But you were tired, and exhaustion washed over you like a gentle wave. Despite the kiss, the weariness in your body began to take precedence.

You mustered a soft sigh, your eyes heavy with fatigue. As much as you craved the passionate embrace, your energy levels were waning, and your body yearned for rest. With a conflicted expression, you gently placed your hand on Harvey's chest, signalling your need for a moment's reprieve. Harvey's eyes met yours, looking concerned.

"Not tonight, Harv." You pulled away, your heart still racing. "I'm exhausted from all the farm work this morning." You explained, planting a kiss on his forehead.

"Of course, I'm sorry I should have be more aware." He sighed, pulling your body in for a warm embrace.

Suddenly you found yourself in Zuzu City, transported back to your old apartment above the world.

Levi grapples onto your shirt, urging you to succumb to the intensity of the moment. You kiss him back in a flurry of forced passion, your eyes heavy. He pushes you onto the table behind you. Your shift began in the early hours of the morning and it was now late in the evening. You didn't know how to say no to him, but you were going to try.

"Levi, not tonight." You sighed, pulling away and brushing your hair to the side of your face. Levi, driven by his own longing, lunged back towards you, his body language a desperate plea for affirmation and connection. "No, Levi, I'm too tired." You asserted, pushing him away.

"You can just lay there babe, its fine." He said sickeningly casual.

"No." You shot back, repulsed.

"What's the matter with you!?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands around into different gestures like a child.

"Nothing! I'm just exhausted from my shift." You reassured as you unbuttoned your shirt to get into your pyjamas.

"Stop teasing me then, wearing those short skirts around the house like a prostitute." He spat, tutting, his words stinging with both accusation and misplaced judgment. His remark left a bitter taste in the air, as the boundaries of respect and empathy were further strained as they had been for months.

"Levi," you began, your voice firm but tinged with sadness, "my choice of clothing is not an invitation for shitty remarks and unwanted sexual advances."

Then the crucial moment came.

Finally, he sighed and softened his stance, his eyes meeting yours. "I... I'm sorry," he murmured, his voice laced with a tinge of regret. "You're right. I shouldn't have said that. It's just... I've been feeling insecure lately, and I took it out on you. I know it's not an excuse, but I want you to know that I'm working on it."

This was enough for you to forgive him and stay. It always was.

"Evangeline?" Harvey prodded, your mind elsewhere. You blinked, refocusing your attention on him.

"Oh god, I'm sorry, my mind wondered off for a second." You replied, sighing.

"It's okay," he smiled, "come here, I need to warm you up." he continued, his voice tinged with a playful tone. As the embrace deepened, you felt the weight of the day slowly melting away, replaced by a rising tide of desire and longing. In your solitude, you found yourself reflecting upon your relationship with Harvey in comparison to your "imprisonment" by Levi.

Harvey was different from Levi in every single way.

Levi's touch had often felt heavy and suffocating, whereas Harvey's was gentle and comforting. Where Levi's words had been laced with judgment and misplaced anger, Harvey's voice carried understanding and empathy. The contrast between the two of them brought you peace, knowing you were finally where you needed to be.

Harvey was different from Levi in every single way, and for that, you were grateful. In his arms, you found not only love but also a sense of healing, as together you rewrote the narrative of your perception intimacy, trust, and true connection.

You both fell into a deep sleep, your bodies intertwined on the sofa.

-

Morning broke through the curtains, casting a soft golden glow into the room. You stirred from your slumber, your eyelids fluttering open to greet the morning light. Stretching your limbs, you relished in the refreshing sensation that accompanied the dawning of a new day. Harvey, still nestled beside you, began to stir as well. His eyes slowly blinked open, adjusting to the bright sunbeams trickling in from the cracks in the blinds.

His gaze met yours, and a tender smile curved his lips, reflecting the affection and tenderness that had grown between you. His hair was messy and not in its usual tidy manner, similarly to his unbuttoned shirt. He looked perfect to you, even better when he was natural and relaxed.

"Good morning sleepy head, feeling recharged?" He asked, peering down at you between his arms. "Yes, actually." You replied, your body feeling somewhat energetic.

"We really need to start sleeping in bed and not on the sofa." He joked, gazing around the room. You giggled in response, sitting up from your position.

"Harv, I've been thinking." You began. The sleep had given you some time to reflect and gather your thoughts. Lately you had been wondering if you should really be keeping your relationship a secret much longer, knowing that the implications could be detrimental.

"That never ends well." He frowned, his eyes narrowing.

"What do you mean?" You replied, your face sunken.

"When someone says 'that never ends well,' the conversation is always serious."

"Well, it isn't serious, so relax yourself."

"Go on..."

"Should we tell people?" You questioned, Harvey looking puzzled. "Yano about us?" Harvey's body seemed to tense up. This is where everything could change...