《Chapter 2: Reaching Out》

Warning: Mentions of violence, blood, and a bit of gore.

______________________________

¤______.ꪖꪀᥴⅈꫀꪀ𝕥 ᥴ𝕣ꫀꪖ𝕥ꪊ𝕣ꫀ._______¤

(Y/N)'s Pov:

You sat motionless in the dark, watching the rune webs glittered by. You didn't know how long you've been stuck in this wretched seal, but you have come to terms with living in such conditions.

Something you quickly realized is that you never went hungry, never had craving for the living, elements or... well- anything like you used to. And yet you also seem to age normally. The only reason you could kind of get an idea of how long has passed was by your tail. At the start of the whole event, you were only about a few decades old- maybe close to a hundred years, which means you only had one tail. Now, it has multiplied to two more sets of fur fluffs. If you had remembered correctly, mother said that foxians can live up to over nine hundred years old or even one thousand. Each century they lived through, they will get more powerful as their tails will multiply.

Having said that, you currently harber three sets of tails. Which only means two centuries have passed since your demise.

However, you'd sometimes get a glimpse of what the world was like. From the eyes of current humans that possess.. whatever seal you were put in. Whenever they decide to get too close to the physics of the seal, they unknowingly leak some kind of escape spots for you to... connect with them.

You found out that this specific family were the ones to hold your seal. They seemed to have done everything to keep it in a good condition. It passed down from generations to generations that they had a family culture of having a "heir" to look after your seal. Honestly speaking, it was quite flattering, except for the fact that they seem to also be scared of you. The moment they find out that you were possessing the holders, they would try to reinforce their physics. Then shutting you out for a while again until the next time they would slip up.

Well, they should be. You had every property to kill one of them if you wanted, to cost them the same pain you felt all these years. And you did a few times, and just to the family. But to other humans as well.

Maybe that's why they were so scared to slip up. The whole of a strong heir.

You sigh, being powerless to do anything. It is a horrible feeling. You wished that things were different from the way they were. It was so... sudden, you couldn't even think. You were just making your way back home and that was your welcome.

Humans... what vile creatures they are. Will not admit their mistake, I'll make them see their own impact.

One day, you will find a way to escape. THAT is when your true vengeance will take action. And you think you know just what to do to break out from the webs, especially after what happened recently with the new holder of the seal.