《Chapter 1: The Imprisonment》

Warning: Mentions of violence, blood, and a snippet of gore.

______________________________

¤______.ꪖꪀᥴⅈꫀꪀ𝕥 ᥴ𝕣ꫀꪖ𝕥ꪊ𝕣ꫀ._______¤

(e/c) irises slowly flutter open as your vision steadily restores. All you could see was darkness, the glowing spider-like white web twist and turn in every direction. It's the only thing that gives light to the cold nothingness. Your whole body felt numb, weak. It was something you had never experienced in your life.

What happened? Where's your brother? Where's your family?

You lied on the ground for what felt like hours, before gathering enough strength to push yourself upward. Closing your eyes, you tried to focus on gathering the energy from your star. The star ball that you were presented with the moment you were born. It is your most prized possession. The warm energy that radiates from it is what brings your comfort even in the most dire of situations. The same thing that's giving you lifeforce, your heart, your core.

Yet, no matter how much you tried, you couldn't feel its warmth anywhere. It was isolating in the darkness. Even with these strange energy strings, it did not radiate any sort of warmth like your own star does. It was cold, blunt, and quiet.

No....

Where is the star? Why can't you feel it?

No... no no no..

This can not be happening. Was this why you feel so weak? Why were you just trembling from even trying to hold yourself up? Because your core was gone from where it should be.

Your jaw clenched tightly as you felt your heart pounding loudly from your ribcage. It hurts to breathe, the air became too suffocating to even bear. You were overwhelmed with fear and confusion as you desperately tried and tried again to reconnect with the star. Hoping, praying that at some miracle point you would catch a tiny glimpse of the thing, even just for a second. But ultimately, it's a fruitless search. This made you panic even more than ever.

NO NO NO NO- THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING-!!

Were you dead? Was that why you were in this place? Was this your purgatory? But how can that be... you haven't done ANYTHING to deserve this! You didn't kill, you didn't hurt anyone, you were loyal and help people when they needed it. Sure you were playful and sort of child-ish to people but it hasn't ever gone too far to the fact that people loathe you!.. well at least you think so.

How could the heavens do this to you? You were supposed to live a calm life, helping keep the shrine safe from the disgusting nightmares that lurk out there. Guide prayers to a better meaning in their life. Help your family- help your mother to... to.. do..

My... m-my mother..

You start to remember now. The last thing you saw before blacking out was your home in ruins. There were strangers in gray that covered the surrounding area with armed weapons and spells. They had managed to capture your family, most of them at least. Your mother was the less fortunate few that lied motionless on the ground, battered in scarlet red as her own body contorted in the wrong way.

All you could smell was the scent of fresh metallic blood and death. Death- to those who tried to fight back. Just how could these humans be so.. cruel?

Just what did we do to deserve this..

It was modifying sight, but one that made you fell true fear for the first time. You were about to rush your brother away but then that's when-

You hyperventilate, taking in heavy breaths and sighs. It hurts. The pain stinging both your body and mind as a thousand thoughts ran into your head all at once. You realize that you were alone, no one to help you, no one to look back to. In an unknown place, with unrecognizable webs stretching around you like chains. You squinted at the light. The more you look at it, the more it... looked like tiny written magic runes. Ones that you could only deduce as sealing spells.

This.. this was why you couldn't reconnect back to your star. This was why you couldn't feel your own powers. This was where you were. A prison.

No- any prison has an escape. There has to be a way.

Your teeth grinded as you gathered your remaining strength to push up from the ground. A new found hatred filled your heart. The humans did this to you. They did this to your family. They took your family away from you. They took away your peace. THEY took away your HOME! You can not let them get away with what they have done- not under your watch.

Finally standing up as adrenaline filled your body, albeit stumbling as you slowly made your way towards the webs. You raised your arm, the sharp nails unclenching, and you took a sharp swing at the runes.

Surprisingly, it broke into tiny bits, scattering out like dust. And for a split moment, hope in your senses. Maybe the suppression wasn't so great after all. But then, the cluster whipped and turned back into its chaotic web, rewriting itself back into place. You grunted at the sight and lifted another claw, striking the damned runes again. However, it seemed to retaliate back at you. Instead of it breaking into pieces again, it wrote itself into many more symbols. It created an illusion where the web would crawl up towards your arm like a billion spiders running all over your body.

Your eyes widened and you tried to pull away from the nightmarish illusion. But it kept coming up stronger and tighter. Wrapping itself around your body, in order to immobilize your movements. You didn't want to give up, so you struggled and squirmed. Moving to try and bite the thing with your teeth or claw at it again.

It only shone brighter as the webs tightened even more around your body. Almost to the point of suffocating you to death. You growled and screeched loudly into the darkness, wanting to get out of this damned prison as you thought back to your brother. If he was here, he would have known how to break out of here.
.
.
.
.
.

 If he was here, he would have known how to break out of here

________________________________
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Author's Note:
This chapter is really about the reading going insane here. But not too out of it.
You still have a moral to go by but the whole imprisonment thing is so killing you from the inside out. Bc I've done a lot of research about kitsunes and well... it'a not that hard to find out they absolutely HATE being trapped... or have their star ball taken from them. So this is what we got 🤷‍♀️

If you have any comments, be sure to say sth uk uk
if it's shit or good, I'll try to improve more!