《Chapter 3: We Formally Meet》

¤______

¤______.ꪖꪀᥴⅈꫀꪀ𝕥 ᥴ𝕣ꫀꪖ𝕥ꪊ𝕣ꫀ._______¤

  "Huh.. What is this mom?" Big curious eyes gazed at the scroll that was presented in front of her. It was a wooden scroll with carvings of a fox being encircled with flames with some type of symbols littering around outside the flames and a writing in Kanji that she could spell out "Do not open". The scroll had a small shimenawa rope that wrapped tightly around the wood to keep it together.

Her mother knelt down in front of her with a mysterious glint in her eyes. She smiles at her daughter's reaction. "This... is a special scroll fully made of magic. It has been passed down in our family for generations. Far back before they even discover quirks; it's from the Edo period."

Kimi's eyes light up with amazement at the piece of info. "Seriously?! This looks like it's in pretty good condition too!" It must have been a very important antique if it was taken care of to such an extent if it lasted this long, and apparently sacred too. 

For a moment, the scroll seemed to shine a bright (f/c) color that just reflected into her eyes. And come to think of it, a familiar feeling of warmth came back to her as though it was trying to reach out to her. Where has she felt that before? Her fingers pulled up to trace the carved patterns of the wood. 

"I know right?" A voice cuts off her thoughts and she glances at her mother. Her mother continued, "I could barely believe it myself when I was first introduced to the piece of art."

"But Kimi-" When their eyes met together, she could finally see the warriness and uncertainty in her mother's eyes. "There's something very important I have to tell you."

She raises an eyebrow at her mother quesionally at the sudden change of mood. "What is it?"

"Kimi, you have to listen well." She started, "This scroll is very special. It's a seal that was used to capture an ancient creature that would often terrorize human kind."

"They were evil spirits that feed on the breath of humans and the elements around them. Our ancestors were among those who sacrificed their lives and safety to defeat these monsters and successfully sealed them off from the face of earth. This scroll is specially made to not only contain them, but slowly extinguish their spirits to celestia. They will be trapped in an eternal euthymia but will age as normally until they reach their final stage of life. That's when the scroll will disintegrate itself into dust and their souls will-"

Again, before she could finish her explanation, Kimi raises up her hands and flails around as confusion was written in her face. "Woah woah woah- back up! I'm not following you right."

She stumbles and tries to recall the absolute ridiculous story her mother's telling her. "So... our ancestor trapped a super evil monster's spirit in that scroll until it basically dies?"