《Chapter 8: High School?》

______________________________

¤______.ꪖꪀᥴⅈꫀꪀ𝕥 ᥴ𝕣ꫀꪖ𝕥ꪊ𝕣ꫀ._______¤

It was dawn, the sun was going down as two figures walked towards the more forested area of Okoyama. One of them seemed more tired than the other. Hunching on their back as they dragged their feet uphill. The person seemingly walked along the dirt just fine.

The duo was actually none other than Kimi and yourself. Since she had mentioned something about upgrading to "High-school", she wanted to aim for a school that trains future heroes. However, the requirements in the entrance exam for a hero course is apparently very hard and dangerous for someone like her who had never had a "quirk" before. She was expected to compete against other humans who have quirks that were more powerful than the last while she was still the weak quirkless kid. So she asked you to train her starting from today after putting in the next schools she wanted to go to.

Honestly, the whole idea of "Hero" and "Villain" in this modern age seems really silly to you. If not, outright ridiculous. It's quite funny how people these days would classify criminals and law reinforcements. You might be young but you're not the 56 year old fox who plays with sticks anymore. But now... it's almost like the humans are sucking on their fingers when you first heard about heroes and villains.

Oh well. Right now, you need to think of a way to teach this child about being kitsune.

You were currently in your human form instead of your real one, with the reason that it's easier for the blonde to learn if you looked like her. In your human form, you looked as old as Kimi from the outside but you were a bit shorter than her. You wore your traditional short (F/C) kimono that had white blossom patterns, there was (H/C) fur that wrapped around the neck line of the kimono. Your hair was kept downwards with a single Kanzashi clip decorated on it. You walked on the wooden sandals that humans would wear.

Kimi on the other hand just had her sports clothes and her hair clipped upwards and out of her face.

Suddenly, the girl drops on the ground and huffs heavily. You stopped on your tracks and turned to the pathetic display of weakness. "Get up, we're not even half way up."

She groaned and looked up at her flawless figure. She didn't get it, you made her jog all the way from her home to this hill with no breaks (well, some breaks but still), and the trip between her home and the forested area is already 900- something- kilometers, it's going to be worse if she were to go uphill! Something that triggers her is that you had also jogged alongside her the whole time and yet you didn't even break a single sweat or ruin your look despite the heavy clothing and wearing only sandals. In fact, she had also noticed that you slowed your pace for her after noticing that she was far lagging behind.

How is that even possible?? Was it because you were a spirit and not a real person? She knows you could fly, but you chose to jog with her instead. Man.. to be a yokai. "Show off..."