《Chapter 4: Some Help》

Character Index:

Himari Kubo

Age: 34

Himari Kubo is the mother of Kimi Kubo. She was the 9th holder of the "Suimin Kitsune Seal", which makes Kimi the 10th holder as of today.

Benjiro Kubo

Age: 39

Benjiro Kubo is the father of Kimi Kubo. He works in the detective department, having him choose between family or work. In the end it seems that he had chosen work, which meant he wouldn't be able to see his daughter for most of her life but he makes up for it with small gifts or some small time he had to hang out with his daughter.

______________________________

¤______.ꪖꪀᥴⅈꫀꪀ𝕥 ᥴ𝕣ꫀꪖ𝕥ꪊ𝕣ꫀ._______¤

Kimi was perplexed by what just happened last night. She didn't know how to think nor did she know what to do. With everything happening so fast, with her family slowly falling apart and now an ancient myth was trying to make a deal with her, to say she was overwhelmed is an understatement.

Her mother hadn't been eating correctly and was always crying in self pity. She couldn't even bring herself to sleep in her shared room even after Kimi tried to tell her to go rest many times. On top of it all, she quickly realized that they have to do something to get an income since most of it was from her father. Since he is gone, whatever they have left isn't going to help them in the long term.

She sighs in exhaustion, it was taking a huge mental toll on her as more and more weight was put onto her shoulders.

The only kind of nice thing that happened after her father's funeral was that many people from the law agency that knows him well would come and visit her home. They would check up on her and her mother, the most sympathetic ones would stay for a few hours just talking and trying to console whatever was left of her small family. Sometimes, they would bring gifts to her door step.

She was forever grateful for their compassion, they didn't have to come to make sure the family was fine but the people who visited were very kind and seemed very upset about her father's death as well.

Her best friend, Arata, had also visited her a few times since she hadn't been to school after the funeral. He did his best to listen and talk to her. Helping her around the house or sometimes trying to talk to her mother.

She never told her mother or those policemans about her interaction with the kitsune. How could she? If she told her mother, she might further go into an emotional turmoil. If she told the people who visited her, hell- they'd think she had gone crazy because of the death of her father. She might be taken away into some mental institute and far from her mother, which would also send her mother into further distress. The only person she could maybe talk to is Arata, but she wouldn't know how that would go.