Dziewięć. The sky

I held the sky, yea I did. The heavy burden was on my shoulders for a month. Luke appeared in front of me. "Hey Wiktoria." He said and pushed me off the weight of the sky and held it. "Annabeth is coming soon."

"With stupid thorn?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Thorn will be else where." I nodded and hid in the darkness.

Annabeth struggled up the hill. Old broken Greek columns of black marble were scattered around, as though something had blasted a huge building to rums.

"Thorn!" Annabeth cried. "Where are you? Why did you bring me here?" She scrambled over a section of broken wall and came to the crest of the hill.

She gasped.

She saw Luke. He was crumpled on the rocky ground, trying to rise. The blackness seemed to be thicker around him, fog swirling hungrily. His clothes were in tatters and his face was scratched and drenched with sweat,

"Annabeth!" he called. "Help me! Please!"

She ran forward.

Wow, he didn't hold the sky for that long and you care so much.

Annabeth had tears in her eyes. She reached down like she wanted to touch Luke's face, but at the last second she hesitated.

"What happened?" she asked.

"They left me here," Luke groaned. "Please. It's killing me."

"Why should I trust you?" Annabeth asked. Her voice was filled with hurt.

"You shouldn't," Luke said. "I've been terrible to you. But if you don't help me, I'll die."

Like I nearly did, I commented in my head.

Then the sky above Luke began to crumble, like a cavern roof in an earthquake. Huge chunks of black rock began falling. Annabeth rushed in just as a crack appeared, and the whole ceiling dropped. She held it. Luke rolled free, gasping. "Thanks," he managed.

"Help me hold it," Annabeth groaned.

Luke caught his breath. His face was covered in grime and sweat. He rose unsteadily.

"I knew I could count on you." He began to walk away.

"HELP ME!" she pleaded,

"Oh, don't worry," Luke said. "Your help is on the way. It's all part of the plan. In the meantime, try not to die."

I walked forward after he left. "Hello, child." I nodded. She looked at me.

"Help.."

"Sorry, held it for a month. Painful, I need to recover. Luke just took it off of me."

She stared at me, "that BITCH!"she hissed. She struggled but kept the sky.

"Sorry.." she said, I nodded and looked back.

"I have to go, sorry Annabeth."