CHAPTER 1

Being the next in line Alpha is really stressful. Ever since my first shift, intense training first thing in the morning was forced to become my habit. I would wake up in the morning from bed feeling sore and tired and returned with fresh sores on my body that I received from my father every morning.

My name is Malcom Mason - Hillingdon, and I'm the next in line Alpha of the Black Beast Pack. My brother, Arthur Mason-Hillingdon, didn't suffer the same fate as me. He liked playing with one she-wolf after the other. He would sleep peacefully and wake up at the time he wanted to wake up.

I'm twenty-six years old and have a very handsome face. Lots of ladies would drool over me anytime I passed by them, but they never said anything to me because most people feared me. I don't care about them because I know they are either after the Luna position or they just liked my looks and wanted to brag about it to their friends. I want to be with someone who understands me as me,someone who doesn't care about what I look like and would be there for me anytime I needed her. You know?

I just finished working out. It was probably ten in the morning by now.  As I was walking out to my room, my dad mind linked me.

'Son, come to my office right now. There's something important we have to discuss'

'I'm on my way.'I replied and headed to the Alpha's office.

As I got near the office, I picked up a scent. It was a wonderful smell that instantly made me go crazy. Even my wolf was uneasy.  Could it be?

I calmed myself down and opened the door. I scanned the people in the room; my mum, dad and....her.