CHAPTER 2

I scanned the people in the room; my mum, dad and....her.

She had straight black hair and purple eyes. She was beautiful, and I couldn't deny that her dress brought out all her perfect curves.

The smell was more intense now. It smelled like strawberries.

'Well?' I questioned my wolf who was awfully quiet.

Usually, when a wolf meets his mate, his wolf would scream 'mate',but Ares,my wolf, didn't utter a word, and I felt something was wrong.

'I..think so?'he replied.

'What do you mean 'you think so'?'

Usually, Ares knew the answer to everything. Now , with his current behaviour, I definitely knew something was wrong.

'I mean, yeah, she smells like mate,but something's off'

'Yeah, I feel it too.'

I was so focused that I didn't even notice when she got up from her seat.

"It feels so good to be true, don't you think so too,mate?" She said, emphasising the word 'mate'. She placed a hand on my chest and flashed a smile at me.

Ares growled and forcefully took control.

'Ares, what are you doing?'

As usual, he ignored me and growled again, making the girl shiver in fear.

''Who are you? What are you?'' Ares growled out.

"I..I'm Tessa,yo...your mate," she stammered.

''Get out! Get out of this office, this pack! I don't want to ever see you again, is that clear?"he said with much venom.

The girl, Tessa, looked like she was about to cry.

'Ares,what are you doing!?' I questioned.

'The only way to know if she's ours is to feel the pain of hurting our mate. Do you feel anything?'

'No,I don't think so. '

'Then shut up!'he replied sarcastically.

"Why are you doing this? I'm your mate!" Tessa said as tears started to fall down her face.

''Don't call me that.'' Ares replied harshly.

"Malcom! Ares,give Malcom control. "

''You can't tell me what to do. And by the way, I meant it when I said I don't want to see her again. The next time we meet, it might get bloody.''

And with that, he turned to leave, until....

"You can't just leave me! The mate bond will only grow stronger " she says with a hint of mischief in her tone.

''Fine then, ''Ares replied with a smirk .

''I,Malcom Mason-Hillingdon, reject you as my mate.''