CHAPTER 8

These guys make me feel uneasy. They were constantly asking about personal information and glancing at inappropriate places.

From what I heard, the leader was Alex, the brown haired guy was Blair, and the last guy was Chris.

"How far is the bonfire from here now?" I asked.

"Who said anything about going to the bonfire?" Alex said with a smirk.

"Wait, what?!" Julia and I said together.

Chris laughed. "Wait, so you thought we were taking you to the bonfire for real?"

"Don't play dumb, girls, " Blair said. "You know exactly why we're here."

"Where are we exactly?" I asked impatiently  while trying hard not to show how scared I was.

"Close to the northern border,"Blair answered.

Oh no, that meant we were very far from any residential area.

I tried to mindlink the pack, but there was no response.

"Enough joking around. Let's get down to business, shall we?" Alex said with an evil smirk.

Chris made his way towards Julia, but before he could get to her, I protectively shielded her and let out a threatening growl.

"Come on, don't make this hard. And in case you've forgotten, you're out numbered,sweetheart," Alex said, and they all laughed.

They tried coming close to me, but I growled loudly, hoping that would scare them.

Chris sighed. "Fine then, but remember, you caused this. "

He then shifted, and the rest followed suit.

"Rene,what now?"

"Stand back, " I responded before shifting.

One of the guys launched at me, but I dogged and aimed for the other.

I bit his neck really hard, and he let out a painful whimper.

"Rene, look out!" Julia screamed, but I  wasn't quick enough. 

A wolf dug his claws in my back, and I left the wolf I held captive due to the sudden pain.

As his claws dug deeper, he moved around my back, causing the wound to worsen.

A blonde wolf, which I recognised was Julia's, came and successfully pushed him away with her head, but that didn't cause any damage to the wolf.

He quickly made his way towards Julia, who was also making her way to him.

Despite the pain I felt, I got up to join Julia only to be knocked down by a wolf, who started circling me, then another joined.

Inwardly, I blamed dad for cutting our training sessions. If not, this would have been easy for us.

Taking advantage of me being absent-minded, both wolves jumped towards me at the same time, injuring me badly.

I howled in pain as one wolf scratched my face as the other landed on my bruised back.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Julia defeatedly lay motionless in her human form. Another howl escaped my mouth, but surprisingly, a response came from nearby.

A howl that warmed my heart in a wiered way. A howl that said help was near. Such were my thoughts before darkness enveloped me.