3. Snakebit

THE NINJA WERE AWAKENED BY A LOUD BANGING NOISE.

Wu: "Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!"

He bangs the gong again making the Ninja groan.

—Wu: "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity."

Kai gets up.

Kai: "Okay okay, we're up. But if you want us to reach full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?"

He yawns while Cole stretches.

Cole: "You call that a rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress."

—Jay: "We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have [Y/n] in our team, I guess we lost track of time."

—Cole: "Talking about [Y/n], where is she?"

I enter from behind sensei Wu.

Me: "I was awake long before any of you."

—Jay: "AHH—!"

I accidentally seemed to have jump-scared him again. Cole snorts at Jay's reaction.

Zane: "What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of—"

The ground brakes and he coughs.

Wu: "I think today's lesson would be chores."

All the Ninja look at him in confusion.

Ninja: "Chores?!"

—Cole: "Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean."

I cross my arms.

Me: "How can anyone expect you to maintain order in Ninjago when you can't even do it in your lives?"

Sensei Wu nods in agreement.

—Wu: "In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when we return. And put your backs into it."

Nya, Sensei and take our leave.

[...]

A while later we returned to see the place spotless as the guys were... doing something I was unfamiliar with...

Kai: "What took you so long?"

—Nya: "Wow, This place looks amazing! You guys did all this?"

—Cole: "Ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean."

—Wu: "Oh, you have exceeded my expectations..."

A weird honking sound is heard.

—Wu: "...but can you keep it up?"

—Me: "What was that sound?"

—Nya: "Looks like we're about have some visitors, and loud ones at that."

We look to see a strange... thing approaching us.