Thundersense

"Morning, Mia," Phoebe greeted me as she started walking with me down the hallway

    "Hey, Pheebs. So what's the news you were texting me about last night," I asked her with a bright smile.

    "You're never going to believe this. I got my thundersense," She squealed out to me quietly.

    "Oh, my gosh, Phoebe, that's amazing. I'm so happy for you," I squealed out with her, pausing in my walk to hug her. "So that means that Max has it too, right? Since you two are twins."

    "Uh... about that," Phoebe trailed off awkwardly.

    "What," I questioned with furrowed brows.

    "Max hasn't developed his thundersense yet," She told me.

    "What? How is that possible? You two are twins. You should have developed it at the same time... at least I think you should have developed it at the same time," I pointed out.

    "Mom says it's different for everybody. She developed it when she was 17 and dad developed it at 12," She explained to me.

    I started giggling a little bit, causing her to look over at me in confusion.

    "What are you laughing about?"

    "So... I guess you could say that Max is a late bloomer," I chuckled out to her.

    Phoebe stared at me for a moment with squinted eyes before sighing and shaking her head. "Grow up, Mia."

    "Sorry," I nodded at her, looking down at the ground awkwardly. "Well, poor Max. I wonder how he feels."

    "He's been acting perfectly fine. Like nothing is wrong," She shook her head at me with a shrug.

    "Yeah, that's around you guys. Wait till he's alone with me. He'll be crying like Niagra Falls," I argued with her, continuing my walking around the corner.

    "So, I'm just curious, what do your parents call the thundersense," Phoebe asked me curiously.

    "Um, we don't have a name for it. Especially since Mom and I are kind of born with it. The empathy helps with sensing when someone is distressed," I shrugged at her.

    Phoebe nodded at me in understanding as we rounded the corner and saw Cherry standing at her locker.

    "Hey, Cherry," Phoebe greeted the blonde.

    "Hey, Pheebs, Mia," Cherry greeted the two of us. "Something different about you," Cherry pointed out, gesturing up and down Phoebe.

    "Maybe it's the spring in my step that says I'm capable of doing great things," Phoebe suggested to her.

    "No, I think it's that your shirt's inside out," Cherry mused, grabbing the tag on the side of Phoebe's shirt.

    I looked around the front of Phoebe to see it and looked at the rest of her shirt and hummed. "How did I not notice that?"