Crime After Crime

After gathering all of my things, I climbed out of the window and made my way towards the front door of the Thunderman house

 After gathering all of my things, I climbed out of the window and made my way towards the front door of the Thunderman house. I ran a hand through my hair to tame it a little bit before opening the door and walking into the house. I sat my things down by the couch before walking into the kitchen to see Barb, Hank, Phoebe, Billy, and Nora.

"Good morning, Thundermans," I said with a smile.

"Good morning, Mia," Barb greeted me with a hug. "Would you like a smoothie?"

I widened my eyes and looked down at the cup in her hands in thought for a moment before I looked up at her with a sweet smile. "No, thank you. I already had breakfast at my house."

Barb smiled and nodded before placing the smoothie on the table in front of Billy.

"Thanks for the breakfast smoothies, mom," Phoebe told her with a smile.

"Of course, anything for my babies," Barb told them with a wide grin before walking away.

I watched in amusement as Billy, Nora, and Phoebe took a drink out of their smoothies before spitting them back out into a paper cup. I smiled and shook my head as they all made noises of content and told Barb how good it tasted. I walked over to them and leaned down next to Phoebe to whisper in her ear.

"I didn't actually have breakfast at my house. I just didn't want your mom's smoothie," I informed her with a smirk.

I leaned back up and stayed standing next Phoebe as Max came walking in. He had his hands in his pockets as he casually walked in and looked over at me. I made eye contact with him and felt a blush come over my face when he winked at me, causing me to look away and down at the floor.

"Good morning, everyone," Max greeted everybody before casually leaning against the island and keeping his gaze on me.

"Someone slept in today. Want a smoothie," Barb said to him in greeting before holding a cup out.

"Oh, sure, thanks," Max said in acceptance before pouring the contents of the cup into the trashcan next to him. He let out a noise of content as if he just drank the entire thing before looking over at Barb again. "I am so glad you bought a new juicer after the first one was accidentally hit by a hammer seven times."

Barb nodded at him with a bright smile before speaking up again. "You know, sweetie, I tried to come downstairs to wake you up for breakfast, but your door was locked. Was everything okay?"

I widened my eyes at her question and looked down at the floor as Max answered her nonchalantly. "Yeah, everything was fine, mom. I was just taking a shower."

"Are you sure? Nothing else happened that could have caused you to sleep in today? Because you used to have really bad nightmares as a kid," Barb questioned him again.

"You know, something did keep me up late last night, but I promise you it wasn't nightmares. It was something way better," Max explained to her while looking over at me and giving me another wink.