Elle Greenaway - Girl Time

Pairing: Elle Greenaway X Fem!reader

Warnings: None.
Genre: Fluff.
Category: Oneshot.
Summary: Elle and Reader have some girl time.
——————————————————————
You flinched at the feeling of your nails being played with. Or rather decorated. Elle had brought you to get your nails done, because one of her friends had bailed on her last minute. When you saw her frown, you had asked: "Whats wrong?"
Elle had sighed, and told you the situation. Then in her eyes, you could see an idea pop up in her. "Hey, you wanna come with me instead?" She asked, gesturing to the exit of your workplace. You hadn't really spend time with Elle outside of work before, so the idea sounded interesting and tempting. "Yeah sure" You had breathed out, feeling the short rush of adrenaline run through you. Elle truly did seem excited when you had agreed. Her smile grew wide and her cheeks grew pink. She had immediately picked up her jacket and putting it on, with a high-pitched voice: "Really?" She was fidgeting with her keys, while shuffling nervously on her feet. You had looked at her shining lips that looked like a sweet color of raspberries, before responding to her.

She had lead the way for you, since you had no idea where this nail salon was located.

But now you were sitting in the nail salon with Elle, your coworker, getting nails done. Sounds of people chatting, machines working and the bell by the door ringing everytime the door opened, filled the room. You could smell the toxic smell of nail polish and the sweet smell of Elle's perfume. She sat right next to you, and her scent was intoxicating you already, and you barely just sat down. Normally, you dont really get your nails done. Its just never really been a thought that popped up, but you didn't mind it. It was actually quite fun. Even though, the nail tech was being a little rough with your nails, you pretended it didn't hurt. She would sometimes put too much pressure on them, which you tried not to make any sounds or give away the pain in any way. You didn't want to come of as rude, telling her to be more gentle could offend her, making her feel like you were telling her what to do. Your body tensed up, and you inhaled a sharp breath. Elle looked over at you, her curls bouncing in the process. Her lips were parted, and her dark eyes were looking at your face. She saw how you were uncomfortable, by how your eyebrows furrowed in pain and frowned your lips. "Does it hurt?" She asked you, her eyes softening at your pained expression.

You nodded: "Yeah"
You almost whispered, but Elle heard you considering the fact she was right beside you. Also she had leaned in to your side, almost pushing herself against your shoulder. She was so close, you could feel her breath on you. Her eyes studied your face, before falling down again when you had answered her. Elle had felt your breath on her aswell when you spoke and felt her heartbeat fasten. She gave you a smile. A soft one, a very gentle caring smile. Something that you loved about her, was definitely that smile of hers. Your cheeks felt warm, and your whole body started to feel tingly. You looked away and back at your hand. You held your other hand tightly onto the chair you were sitting on, to relieving some of the pain. She pulled away a little, and looked at the woman infront of you. "Excuse me" She said in a light voice. The nail tech infront of you had looked up with a startled but confused look at Elle. The nail techs mouth was slightly open from the shock she had gotten. She had been so focused on doing your nails.

"Yes?" She asked. And you could still see that pure confusion in her eyes. Her shoulders were tensed aswell. Probably because Elle gives of a very hard and intimidating persona. But Elle gave her the best smile she could give a stranger. "Could you maybe be more gentle with her, she's sensitive" Elle said soft and low, to not bother anyone else around you. The nail techs eyes turned into a more understanding and still shocked expression. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be more gentle, sorry" She apologized, while she let go of your hand to grab something. Your body relaxed again, as a sigh fell from you lips. Elle didn't look at you after, but looked back at her own hand. Her smile dissapeared. Not that her facial expressions were cold, but her smile was gone. She was just observing her own nails, in concentration. You weren't sure why she acted slightly apathetic, after she had just helped you escape pain. You looked at the back of her head, eyebrows furrowed. "Thank you, Elle" You spoke up, and that's when she turned around looking at you again. Your eyes met. And in that moment you just stared at each others eyes, admiring each others colors and dilated pupils.

Your chair was pulled out more than hers, making her sit infront of you a little. "No problem" She answered nodding shortly, before looking back at her own business. Elle's lips were still parted when she looked at you. Then her hands started to shake, and Elle prayed and hoped that the nail tech who was doing her nails, wouldnt mind and that she could still do her work. Elle let out a very deep sigh, trying to calm herself down. She looked out the windows trying to distract herself, from the presence of you. She watched the cars drive by and birds on the ground trying to find food before flying away again. Your words and your soft voice kept replaying in her head. Elle had suspected her feelings for you before this moment, but spending time with you outside of work and doing things friends do, made something inside her click. It was like all of a sudden her mind was foggy, and she couldnt think clearly. So many thoughts and feelings at once.
You however, felt a little rejected by Elle's behaviour. You bit your lip, and shook your head subtly, like you could actually shake her off your mind.

Elle had then turned her head towards you after a few minutes, finally giving in. She couldnt just sit and ignore you the whole time, when she was the one who invited you.

"Did you finish all your files?" Elle didn't know what else to say. She didn't feel like she could just ask you about your private life already, so work seemed like a safe option.

You felt your lips frown again, and feeling a little pit in your stomach. Yes, you wanted to talk with Elle, but not about work. You were done with that now. "Yeah" You nodded, with a sigh. You quickly wiped off the frown again not to make Elle feel bad. Elle looked down at the table infront of her, before deciding what to say. She really didn't want to mess anything up, so she really thought it through. "You know, we should do more stuff together. This is fun." She smiled, as she lifted her head up. You returned that smile, feeling butterflies in your stomach. "What should we do?"

"We could... have a sleepover" She suggested, her tone being careful. "Okay" You tried hiding a wide smile, which made you bite the inside of your cheek. "That sounds fun" You clarified. Elle felt as if she was becoming your friend, and even though she didn't want to be just your friend, she still wanted to spend time with you. She still wanted to hear your voice, smell your perfume and the scent of your shampoo, see your whole figure and feel it too, whenever she got the sweet opportunity to do that. Of course, you wanted to be more aswell, but for now you just really wanted to move your friendship with Elle forward. Elle nodded and spoke up: "Maybe i could get your number, so we can plan it"

Now, Elle wasn't nervous normally, but being in the presence of you completely changed that. She didn't say her words straight up and bluntly, she thought about it and took her time saying those words.

"Of course, I'll give it to you after" You explained to her. Your heart was beating quick with excitement and your eyes shining brightly with happiness. Elle was glowing too, and after that little chat her hands had calmed down and stopped shaking. Her shoulders fell down, in a sigh of relief.

You had completely forgotten about the fact that you were getting your nails done in the moment, so when you look infront of you, you notice that the nail tech is already half way through. Your eyes widened slightly. Then you started smiling. Elle had made you forget about your surroundings. Damn. It really made you smile hard, cause it had been so long, since you felt like this. Even though, this time was different. Everything about this whole situation with Elle was different. You shook your head, trying to wash off the smile on your face. But of course that didn't do anything.