Episode 1 - To You, 2000 Worlds Away

[Travel Delays – Alan Silvestri]

A cracked voice, floating in the white noise. A small cry for help.

This is the superhuman school UA. We are under assault. I repeat, we are under assault.

But unheard. Helpless.

There are mostly children and teachers here, this is not a military compound. I repeat, this is not a—

And hopeless.

Fire and smoke was all around Izuku Midoriya, blinding him, making his senses numb and useless. He could only hear the steps of a pair of boots cracking the debris, walking among the fallen bodies.

'Hear me, and rejoice! You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan.'

A female voice, coming from a blonde woman with her arms raised and a crooked smile on her face.

'You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice.'

Deku tried to move again, but the giant hand of that flesh and metal being had him trapped. It all happened so fast, so violently... They were on their residency, sleeping right after the Festival, and then everything turned into a living hell. It didn't make any sense.

He raised his gaze. He saw one of Iida's legs, severed and covered in blood. Tokoyami's knocked out body. Every single one of his friends defeated, maybe dead. Deku then turned to look at Todoroki, who was grabbed by what appeared to look like a giant ape. Their eyes met with infinite despair.

'Aizawa-sensei is not moving...' Ochako's weeping could be heard behind him.

'Smile', the woman continued. 'For even in death, you have become children of Eren Jaeger.'

And there he was. Eren Jaeger. Standing just a few meters away from Deku, backwards, with All Might on his knees next to him. A tall, strong young man, his dark hair tangled in a bun.

And on his left hand, a golden Gauntlet.

'I know what is like to lose,' he whispered as he turned. 'To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail, nonetheless.'

He then grabbed All Might by the throat, and started to drag him as he walked.

'It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say... I am.'

He raised the Gauntlet, a glowing blue light coming from one of its slots. All Might scoffed, his pale face twisted in a painful grin.

'You talk too much,' he muttered, choking with his own blood.

Jaeger hardened his grip, looking now directly to Deku. 'The One For All, or your master's head. I assume you have preferences.'

His voice was deep, cold as ice. His empty gaze had no place for mercy.

Deku closed his eyes, trying to find inner strength. The other heroes must've heard about the attack, it was just a matter of time before they arrived with reinforcements. He knew what he had to do.

'Of course I do. Kill away,' he whispered, lowering his gaze.

Eren squinted and then placed his gauntlet next to All Might's head. The blue gem started to glow harder and the professor screamed in agony. Deku tried to keep himself together, desperately. He couldn't give the One For All away, not to that maniac. The boy swallowed, his face blank, but as seconds passed and All Might kept on his inhuman pain, he broke in a desperate scream.