Episode 2 - A Message From Afar

A sea of clouds covered the clear blue sky, like a white floating carpet. Suddenly, they started to convulse and twist as something came down.

A giant flying bison.

'So... Am I the only who's going to say how weird all of this is?' Sokka broke the silence, as he often did.

Next to him, Katara was leaning on Appa's chair, her sight fixed on what was below.

'Yes, Sokka... You just did, several times.'

Her brother shrugged his shoulders. 'I'm just saying. We haven't heard from the Sparky Lord since almost a year and then all of a sudden we are required to visit him? It's weird.'

Momo seemed to shriek in agreement from Sokka's shoulder. The waterbender stared at the moving clouds. 'I just hope nothing bad has happened...'

From Appa's head, a calmed voice said, 'Don't worry, Katara! I'm sure Zuko is doing just fine.'

[Avatar's Love - Leaflet]

Katara looked at Aang's back, his new dark orange and black Air Nomad uniform moving with the wind. A year had maybe past, but the young Avatar was as positive as the day she met that boy in the iceberg.

'Always so hopeful...' Katara smiled as she leaned to peck Aang on the cheek. The boy turned and gave her a quick kiss on her lips. Behind them, Sokka groaned.

'Hey, hey! What did we talk about, guys? No smoochie-smoochies in front of the older brother. I already almost had a stroke when I saw you guys on the tea-shop terrace...'

Katara turned, an accusatory finger towards her brother. 'Shut your mouth, Sokka! You and Suki are way worse.'

'It's not the same!'

'How is it not the same, you jerk?'

'Guys, guys!'

Brother and sister stopped as Aang leaned closer to Appa's edge. He smiled. 'She must be here in a minute.'

The three younglings opened the window, overly excited. 'Come look! There's a crowd at the city gates below!'

'I wanna know what's happening,' said the smaller girl.

'Whatever it is, it's bad! The city is probably doomed. We're probably doomed!' Paradoxically, the biggest of them looked the most scared.

'I hate doom', sighed the third one.

A thunderous foot trembled the ground and the three kids fell down to the floor. They turned to look at their angry master.

'HOW ARE YOU LILY LIVERS GONNA LEARN METALBENDING BY STARING OUT A WINDOW? GET BACK TO PRACTICE!'

'Sifu Toph!', the three gasped at the same time.

The fourteen-year-old earthbender prodigy penetrated them with her white colored eyes as her three students kept on talking.

'Something's happening in Yu Dao and I wanna know what!'

'It's so bad! So bad! I'm too young for doom!'

'I hate being young'

Toph frowned and approached to the window, thoughtful. 'Huh. You lily livers are right. Something is happening in Yu Dao. I can hear it.'

Suddenly, a familiar growl filled the air. Something big must have done it. Something big, and fluffy and flying. Toph smiled.

'Appa!' She jumped out the window and turned to her three apprentices as she ran away. 'I'll be back soon! Stay put and on your forms. If you don't, you're really gonna get it when I come back!'