«Chapter 2»

Eloria^

Eloria^

It was late at night when someone carefully woke up Daenys, slightly shoving her back and forward. The princess had gone straight to her room after she had tossed Gwayne's necklace aside. Not wanting to wear it. She hadn't known he'd found it ofcourse, as she had to deal with the gossip of Joffrey and Laenor. Who filled her in with the latest report of the talks within the counsel. Joffrey had informed her how her father had urged the matter in the stepstones, but Otto had denied him. Most of the talk during the counsel had been about the tourney of tomorrow, to celebrate the first born son of the king: who they presently did not have.

Lord Corlys had returned angrily to his wife and children, complaining about the lack of action from the king and his Hand. But what could they do? As long as Otto kept filling Viserys' head with the upcoming tourney, the matter of the Stepstones would not be brought up again. Probably only because Corlys didn't stand behind Otto's desire to allow their children to marry. And now the people of the Seven Kingdoms payed the price for it.

Eloria, Daenys' lady in waiting, from House Tyrell, carefully woke up her princess once she got news of what had happend outside of the palace that night. Daenys grumbled softly, wanting to stay asleep. "Whatever it is, i'm sure it can wait until the morning," she muttered and turned.

Eloria hesitated, knowing Daenys wouldn't like what she was about to say. "Unfortunately, the king has requested your presence as cupbearer of the counsel. There's been an emergency."

That completely awoke Daenys, she shoved the sleepy feeling aside.

"What? Why? Isn't that Rhaenyra's job? Being the cupbearer?" Daenys asked as she held back a yawn. Eloria shrugged her shoulders as she got Daenys an formal night dress. "He insisted you to be there, as Rhaenyra has just been at the counsel a few hours ago." She informed her lady as she helped her dress. "He wanted her to have a good night sleep."

Daenys felt confused.
"But she has done that before," she remarked and shook her head as Eloria grabbed some earrings. "I won't be needing those." She let out a sigh. "I'll be on my way, what's this counsel about anyway?"

She saw Eloria ponder for a moment.
"I've heard the rogue prince went rogue in the city." She spoke. "Killed a lot of folks with his Gold Cloaks."

Daenys rolled her eyes, she did not care what the others were doing. As she couldn't change a thing about it anyway. "Let me guess," she began as she left her room. "The hand reported it to the king?"

"He did," Eloria responded. "You should hurry, they're about to start."

Daenys send her a nod, she had been Corlys' ward when Laenor was away. So she knew a thing or two about cupbearing. "Thank you, eloria." She send her lady in waiting a smile before hurrying towards the room of the counsel.