«Chapter 7»

~~~

Dragons were roaring, soldiers were shouting. Daenys did not see much, but a horrified scream left her lips as something came at her with full speed.

A leg, no, a creature? A dragon? She did not understand. What was she seeing?

Wait, a paw, a dragons paw. And before she knew it, it crushed right through her. She heard a muffled scream, but it had not been her who mouthed it. The scream got silenced quickly after. Whoever had screamed it, did not seem to be there anymore.

And then she found herself somewhere else. Her feet touched the sand as she took a step. Looking around her. The screams filled her ears as she started running, pushing past clashing swords and fighting soldiers. She screamed herself, scared by what surrounded her, of what came after her.There seemed to be no escape.

Around her, soldiers fell to the ground, their blood slowly giving the sea water a red shade, their swords clashing on the ground, their opponent crying in triomf. The water red and blue, the sky green, and the screaming..

Then once again, as she kept on running, soldiers fell to the ground, their blood giving the sea water a darker shade of red, more swords clashing onto the ground, more cries outed in the dark, the water dark red, the blue fading, the sky turning lighter, and even more screaming.

Daenys let out a cry of pain, her ears were ringing. She clutched her hands to them, hoping to somehow get rid of the screams when out of a sudden she sat up straight with a yelp. The sound of a crashing thunder roaring furiously through the dark sky had woken her up. A trembled breath left her lips as she glanced around her chamber on dragonstone.

Another dream.

It had just been another dream.

Which somehow pained her. She glanced at the windows of her chambers, pushing her blankets to the side as her feet met the floor. She crossed her room to stare out the window, into the storm which had been raging outside of the castle. She looked down, watching the waves hungrily crash against the cliffs that surrounded the island. A small smile started to appear on her lips as she watched them. The movements they made somehow calmed her down.

She twisted her face a little, letting her eyes drift over the dark sea past the cliffs. She rested her head against the curtains and pondered for a moment. How she missed Rhaenys right now.

Her mother would've known how to help her during her dream. She always had. Daenys sighed. She missed her. But she also felt a tiny sense of guilt creeping up on her. She had deceived her whole family. She could not even imagine the grief they were facing at this point. Rhaenys.. her siblings.. her father.. Rhaenyra and Alicent.. How could she ever face them again?

Another flash of lightning lighting up the sky caused her to be pulled out of her thoughts. She moved away from her windows, crossed her chamber once more and slowly opened the door.

"My lady-"

She immediately let out a yelp, stumbling against the door. One of Daemon's gold cloaks stood in front of her. She let out a shaky breath. She did not know guards had been appointed to her chamber. "You startled me, ser." She breathed, moving a hand through her hair as she passed him. Only for him to stop her and prevent her from walking on towards the throneroom.