Chapter 4: Things Fall Apart With A Side Of Flirting

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update. I am moving across the country tomorrow so no updates within 2 weeks.

 As soon as they had all gotten together they parted ways to go back home they were soon together on the train on their way to Hogwarts. For some reason, the Marauders gang all wanted to sit with Regulus and Barty (Evan ditched them for his boyfriend) so there they were squished in a too-small compartment. Barty couldn't help but notice how Evan and James kept on glancing over to Regulus who was seated at the window. It was clear to everyone but Regulus that those 2 had the biggest crush on him. Evan and thrown out the idea of trying to bring him into the relationship and Barty said it was a great idea. Now watching them trying to flirt with him, he was starting to think that this whole thing was a big mistake.

Evan's version of flirting is one of the weirder things Barty has ever seen though he guesses that James is taking the cake on that one now. How Evan flirts are cuddling up to people and insulting them in every other sentence. Along with annoying the person in any fashion. In addition to giving the person random things. Honestly, it is a miracle that James got the hint. Or maybe since they both flirt in the most inhuman way it gets it across to them easier.

James will prank you and flirt with you in a way that makes one think that he is making fun of you. But to the embodiment of Gryffindor, this is his mating dance. Wait, note to self, look into if there is a correlation between weird flirting and an animal's way of mating. Moving on from that it was amusing to watch as Regulus looked just the must otter confused as Evan curls up to him and James is saying that he seems like a silly kitten.

This is going to be the best year of Barty's life.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Regulus at this point gave up trying to understand why Evan was curled up to him and James was now calling him exclusively "silly kitty" and turning some of his possessions into different colors. This has been going on for an hour and what is the point when he was going to be eating the feast soon? Oh, Merlin is Evan going to do this then? Regulus thought with more dread than he would admit. Not that he didn't like affection from his friends this was just a bit too much for anyone in Regulus' opinion.

He couldn't shake the whole feeling of forgetting something. Shit, me and Remus have to do the perfect rounds. Regulus felt as though he was hit in the face when he realized this.

"Remus," Regulus said and Remus looked up to look at Regulus. Remus looked slightly peeved at Regulus for interrupting his book. "We need to do our rounds. Wait, James aren't you supposed to be telling Prefects what they need to do"

"Lily said she had it covered but I would need to do it for the rest of the year when someone needed to be reminded to do it," James replied with a wave of his hand then his face changed to one of "God Damn It" for some reason. Barty snorted and Regulus just gave up. James was weird why try to understand anything he does?

"Well, let's get going," Regulus said untangling himself from Evan and grabbing Remus leaving the compartment. It was true that they were supposed to make rounds around the train but he was sure Remus and himself had never done it before. Lucky Remus just went along with it, he had enough of whatever was going to. Or maybe he was just being merciful to Regulus who must have looked pathetic, yeah it was definitely the latter.

Once they had gotten out and walked down the hallways of the train endlessly it felt like. Regulus was able to get his barrings in place again. That was when he realized that he never talked to Sirius about what they were going to do about the whole Barty thing. They seem to be fine and together, but also they seem to trying to flirt with Barty. Especially since he knows that Barty likes both of them. Sirius probably won't say anything to him now since there is no problem but he could probably get it out of Remus. They were always closer and he is not related to Remus. Closely at least.